Southampton, Remote | Initial 3 Month Contract | £15.81ph Umbrella | Full-Time |
We are seeking an experienced Payroll Assistant to join a local authority in Southampton to support the Payroll & Pensions function.
This role will see you completing the following;
- To undertake complex payroll/pension processes including input to systems and maintaining the employee record.
- To deal with complex payroll/pensions and administrative queries whilst providing appropriate advice to the customer in a timely manner
- To provide administration support for post recruitment activities including DBS processing
- Provide support to maintain accurate pay scales, allowance tables and LGPS pension links.
- To provide advice on pay related tax and insurance issues
- To provide advice on specific payroll related queries, such as maternity and absence
- To process and administer the more complex benefits schemes including Pensions administration
- To administer job evaluation changes and complete the necessary input and documentation.
- To assist with HR/Payroll related projects as required
- To ensure all procedures and processes comply with employment policies, data protection, legislation, equality and diversity issues and best practice.
- Answer phones and emails
- To actively participate in a culture of continuous improvement/ change within and across the teams, seeking to improve services, performance, data and stakeholder feedback.
- To maintain accurate and objective records of all HR activity and interventions, in accordance with agreed procedures and practice
- Experience working within a busy HR/Payroll function
- Good understanding of payroll processes and HR best practice in relation to payroll
- Background within a local authority, government organisation beneficial
Wish to Apply?
Get in contact with Anna at STR Group Services, by emailing an up-to-date CV in application today!
Tel: 02392 315 073
Due to receiving a high number of applications to our opportunities, we are not always able to contact all applicants with feedback.
If you do not hear from us in 5 working days from application, please conclude you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Quality validation officer (CSV)
- Procurement Manager
- Fire & Security Technician
- Trainee Service Engineer
- Senior Electronic Engineer
- Electronics Test Engineer
- Integration and Test Engineer
- Graduate Recruitment Consultant
- Trainee Recruitment Consultant
- Experienced Recruitment Consultant
- Project Manager
- Data Assistant (IT)
- Zero Defects Quality Manager
- Risk Analyst
- Facilities Manager
- 2nd Line Support/Roll-out Engineer
- Senior Vendor Assurance Officer
- Business Support Manager
- Customer Service Assistant
- Finance Process Analyst (Process Mapping)