Sensory Impairment Support Worker
We currently have several opportunities across Swindon for enthusiastic, reliable, motivated and caring individuals to provide support to clients who have a sight loss or dual sensory impairment.
Key areas of support are enabling weekly shopping and leisure activities.
This can include but isn't limited to; Visiting garden centres, Country parks, assistance to appointments/ attending medical appointments and dealing with written and telephone correspondence.
Support is provided in various locations including a person's home and the community to enable service users to remain as independent as possible.
The ideal candidate will have good and clear verbal communication skills; have the ability to work confidently using their own initiative and be empathetic to quickly adapt to new clients.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone with experience in a support or care worker role, seeking to develop skills in this area.
- You are honest, reliable, Caring and professional - you value honesty and discretion
- You are friendly and approachable
- You are flexible
- You have the ability to work confidently using your own initiative
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining a safe environment
- Supporting with activities and planning day trips
- Community Access
- General household tasks
- be empathetic to quickly adapt to new clients
Requirements for the position:
- A full clean driving licence is required
- Access to your own vehicle
A minimum of 6 months health and social care experience would be beneficial.
- Access to Employee assistance programme with Health Assured.
- Opportunity to increase knowledge through training opportunities
- Opportunity for career progression
- Excellent training and support
Hours Available Monday to Friday between the hours of 9:00am - 17:00pm
Pay: £9.52 -£9.92 (dependant on experience) with 36 p mileage allowance.
ALL JOBS WITH FIRST CITY NURSING AND CARE ARE SUBJECT TO SATISFACTORY REFERENCES, ENHANCED DBS CERTIFICATE AND FULL COMPLETION OF MANDATORY TRAINING
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: £9.52 - £9.92 per hour + Pension, Full Training, Mileage
- Location: Swindon, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: First City Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Laura Hammersley
- Tel: 01793 313044
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-05-13 10:36:02 -
- View all Jobs from First City Recruitment Solutions
More Jobs from First City Recruitment Solutions
- Male Support Workers / Care Assistants - For 1-1 Day Shifts
- Support Worker One to One Care (Days)
- Support Worker One to One Care (Nights)
- Nursing Home Care Assistants
- Community Support Worker
- Care and Support Worker – Waking nights - Swindon
- Reablement Support Worker
- Support Planner
- Care Co-Ordinator - Isle of Wight - Newport
- Registered Manager: - Domiciliary Care - Isle of Wight
- Evening and Weekend Home Carer
- #New Career Pathway #Social Care Jobs
- Support Worker - Autism & Epilepsy
- Community Cleaner
- Skilled Support Worker
- Community Homecarer - Ryde
- Community Homecarer - Newport
- Community Homecarer - East Cowes
- One to One Care Nursing Home Support Workers – Based in Swindon
- Lead for Supported Living and Children’s Services