Service Improvement Manager
Role: Service Improvement Manager (Care and Support)
Contract: Permanent Full Time
Hours: 38 hours per week however we are open to considering flexible and part-time working
Salary: £40,519 per annum pro-rata for part
Location: Hybrid working - based in our Tottenham Hale office, in services across northeast London and some working from home (Minimum 3 days at an office base- either in Tottenham or at a service)
We are Outward, a forward-thinking and inclusive charity based in northeast London supporting people with care and support needs to live with dignity and purpose.
Our work is diverse- supporting people with learning disabilities to live independently in their own homes, supported holidays and short breaks in our beautiful countryside retreat, dynamic young people's services and specialist outreach work, enabling people with complex autism conditions to thrive in the community.
We are proud to deliver high-quality care and support services for over 45 years and are passionate about our values to Engage, Enable and Empower people.
If you are looking to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation, come and join our Care and Support senior management team as a Service Improvement Manager.
The main purpose of the job and what we expect:
· Motivating & inspiring others, you will support local teams and work alongside team managers, improving operational performance, compliance and culture in services
· Audit compliance as part of Outwards quality assurance framework
· Supporting, coaching and mentoring managers to deliver on their action plans
· Analyse inspection reports, produce thematic reports, sharing lessons learned and implementing and embedding resulting changes throughout services
· You will be part of reviewing and updating organisational policies and procedures
· The successful candidate will lead on implementation of PMLD standards in services; and support our Positive Behaviour Support lead embedding PBS competencies
· We are looking for someone enthusiastic and positive, delivering in house workshops/training to managers and frontline staff
· We need you to be driven, supporting services to thrive for excellence achieving outstanding ratings with CQC
· Our friendly and knowledgeable Area Manager team are looking for a strong team player, to support with operational planning, delivering and monitoring all aspects of service delivery
· As outward safeguarding lead, you will keep up to date with best practice
· You may be asked to cover for Team Managers in their absence, providing operational leadership when required and be part of Outwards on-call service
· You will have experience of working in the sector and share our core values
· Strong IT skills are required
Positive Behaviour Support
Outward Housing supports people who are known to present behaviours of concern by using the Positive Behaviour Support model because PBS puts the person first.
PBS is pro-active and the main focus is getting the environment right for the individual, rather than responses/reactions following challenging behaviour and on better supporting the person through improving their quality of life.
PBS approaches are based on a set of values of enabling inclusion, choice, participation and equality of opportunity.
PBS is about working in partnership with the person, their family, staff and professionals.
Existing knowledge/experience in following the PBS approach would be beneficial but not essential as we do provide extensive training.
A shared value of understanding and supporting a person's behaviour and finding ways to work with them to improve this is essential.
We value everything our support workers do for the people we support, so we provide a great benefits package:
, 25 days Annual Leave excluding Bank Holidays (Pro-rata for part-time)
, Computing scheme
, Credit Union scheme
, Cycle-to-Work scheme
, Death in Service Benefit
, Health Assured - Employee Assistance Programme
, Eye Care Vouchers
, Flu Jab Reimbursement
, Long Service Awards
, Pension Scheme
, Purchase Additional Annual Leave
, Refer-a-Friend Scheme
, Loans (Including season tickets and parking permit loans
, Blue Light Card
We are committed and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and expect all staff to share this commitment.
If the post you apply for involves working with or having access to adults at risk/or their records, we will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services.
This will be fully subsidised by Outward.
The closing date for all applications is 9 am on 30th May 2022
Interviews will be held on 7th June 2022
Outward is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: Up to £40519.00 per annum + pro rata
- Location: Tottenham, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: 2M Employment Solutions Limited
- Contact: 2M Employment Solutions
- Tel: 02392 387722
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-05-13 15:12:34 -
- View all Jobs from 2M Employment Solutions Limited
More Jobs from 2M Employment Solutions Limited
- Learning and Development Coordinator
- Reception Manager
- Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVA)
- Domestic Abuse Practitioner
- Domestic Abuse Advocate
- HR / Employment Law Consultant
- HR / Employment Law Consultant
- Product Manager
- Client Support Advisor
- 3D Technical Support Advisor
- 3D Ecommerce Shop Manager
- CNC Press Brake Operator (Various Shifts)
- Deputy Manager
- Data Protection Officer
- Agile Coach
- Information Security Engineer
- First Contact Administrator
- Women’s Specialist Criminal Justice Practitioner
- Sales Enablement Coach
- H&S Advisor – Tech to Grad Scheme