We're looking for a talented Cost Engineer to work on site for our client.
Please note: This is a contract role, planned to last 6 months
As the Cost Engineer you will be primarily responsible for producing project-related analyses and forecasts, monthly financial management reports and invoicing clients in line with project plan and control processes and standards.
In order to realize the project objectives with respect to forecast reliability, working capital, cost control and efficiency.
In the job you'll be tasked with:
-Being responsible for quote evaluation and risk assessment.
-Provide commercial support in the tender process.
-Responsible for (reliability of) project forecast and stimulates timely invoicing.
-Analyse financial processes and outcomes in the assigned projects, identify gaps, non-compliance and/or potential financial risk areas.
-Participate in Project Management Team.
-Provide interface with clients and suppliers
-Participate in and/or co-ordinate assigned (portfolio of) projects and responsible for execution and delivery from the financial perspective.
-Responsible and coordinate control processes within the assigned projects
-Directs Operations with regard to forecasting and timely invoicing.
-Collect, interpret, edit or issue recommendations regarding developments and trends related to the assigned projects
-Formulate and present possible solution directions for non-standard decisions that are not captured in procedures on own initiative or at request
-Identify and evaluate bottlenecks in financial processes, techniques and systems
-Make suggestions for improvement and ensure implementation after approval
-Issue insights at request or at own initiative regarding quantitative and qualitative (financial) project performance by means of periodical and ad hoc reports, including standard data and using standard reporting guidelines to project team, regional Management team and BoM.
-Attract, lead, coach, appraise and develop employees, ensure staffing and stimulate talent (management).
The standard working hours for this role will be 40 hours per week.
The ideal candidate for this Cost Engineer role will have relevant experience of broad scope involving multidisciplinary processes and/or departments.
In addition, you'll need the following:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Existing knowledge to signal, propose and implement solutions in a changing environment
- The ability to advise regarding project control solutions & coordinates the implementation phase within own area
- Be responsible for finance and control processes in projects and needs to align the business with the technical execution
Does that sound like you? If so, we'd love to see your CV.
Interested? If you think you're right for this role, then click the 'Apply Now' button or send your CV through cfoster @ gpwrecruitment .
Alternatively feel free to give me a call on 01744 452 008.
More Jobs from GPW Recruitment Services
- Principal Process Engineer
- Principal Process Engineer
- Piping Designer
- Project Manager - Process Systems
- Mechanical Piping Designer
- Office Administrator
- CAD Designer
- QHSE Assistant / HSE Co-ordinator (Manufacturing / Production)
- Site Manager - Civils & Earthworks
- Multi Skilled Operative
- Working Foreman
- Materials Scientist
- Tooling Engineer
- Social Value Co-ordinator
- Machine Operative (Packaging / Printing)
- Mechanical Build Fitter
- Electrical Assembly Technician / Electrical Fitter / Engineer