Service Desk Engineer
Service Desk Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Service Desk Engineer (2nd line), with a rapidly expanding Managed Services Provider based in Sheffield, offering significant potential for progression.
They specialise in providing IT support and consultancy services in relation to Cloud, Connectivity and Telephony to a vast range of businesses.
The business has expanded rapidly as a result of recent acquisition and are now seeking an ambitious technical support analysts to join their 2nd / 3rd Line technical support team.
You will be a part of a motivated and experienced technical team of 15 individuals; this role will require you to provide a high level of IT support for several clients where service is a priority.
You must have excellent communication and relationship building skills with the ability to resolve technical issues in line with agreed SLAs.
- Offer a high level of support to a variety of clients, assisting with 2nd / 3rd line technical issues.
- Ensure incidents are resolved in line with SLAs
- Escalate any unresolved issues to 3rd Line support
- Ensure internal documentation is developed and maintained
- Develop technical knowledge, have a desire to learn and progress your technical career.
Eventually taking on further responsibilities
- Previous experience working in an MSP environment would be of benefit.
- Experience in a 2nd line technical support role as a minimum.
- Basic level of networking knowledge would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of at least AD, O365 products and Windows Server.
- Diagnosing issues with IT desktop hardware / peripherals.
- Exchange Online / 2013 / 2016, and any exposure to configuring and troubleshooting VPN's would be of benefit.
- Ideally you will also have had exposure to Citrix / Netscalers
Although the suitable candidate does not have to be an expert in each area, it would be highly beneficial to have an understanding and willingness to progress in these areas.
In return, our client is offering a competitive basic of up to £25,000 - £35,000PA depending on experience.
Hybrid working is on offer for this role; 2 days in the office per week, 3 days working from home (possibly moving to 100% remote in future).
More Jobs from context recruitment
- IT Support Analyst
- Palo Alto Consultant
- IT Support Engineer (1st Line)
- Cyber Security Operations Lead
- HR Manager
- Project Manager
- 2nd Line IT Support (onsite)
- 3rd Line Engineer
- IT Support Engineer
- Technical IT Project Manager - Major Transformation
- Infrastructure Engineer - O365
- Application Support Analyst ( D365 )
- Customer Service Advisor / 1st Line Support
- Project Delivery Manager
- Senior SQL Server DBA
- Network Security Engineer - Checkpoint
- Network Manager
- Dynamics 365 Test Lead
- 2nd Line / Field Engineer
- Digital Delivery Manager - Ecommerce