Young Persons Advisor - Children Services - Islington
Young Persons Advisor – Children Services - Islington
Are you a passionate, dedicated Young Persons Advisor looking for your next role? 4Recruitment Services are recruiting a Young Persons Advisor to work in Children Services in Islington.
To deliver an efficient and effective leaving care and after care service to young people that supports the outcomes of Care Matters and related national and local priorities and policy objectives.
Pay Rates: £21.60 - £28.59 per hour
Responsibilities of a Young Persons Advisor: (Full Job Description Available)
- To case manage young people leaving care and who have left care, including those with high and complex needs, who require personal advisor services.
- To work jointly with the children looked after social worker to assess and plan for a young person whilst they are eligible and then taking on full case responsibility for a young people when they cease to be looked after.
- To encourage and empower young people to participate in planning and decision making for their futures.
- To promote positive outcomes for young people by supporting them to maintain accommodation, seek and maintain employment, education and/or training.
- o assist young people to build resilience and reduce vulnerabilities (in areas such as domestic violence, drug and alcohol misuse offending behaviour, sexual exploitation).
- Considerable experience of working in Children’s Social Care services.
- A relevant qualification to the field.
- Knowledge and understanding of the legislation relating to Children Looked After and Leaving Care and the Care Matters and Youth Matters agenda.
- Direct experience of working with looked after young people and young adults between 16 and 25.
- The ability to work in partnership with young people to identify need and action plan.
- Experience of multi agency planning and joint working for looked after young people including some with more challenging needs.
- Right to Live and Work in the UK.
- Current DBS on the Update Service.
What we offer:
- Access to the 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
- You will have a Passionate Dedicated Consultant helping you find the shifts you are looking for with a Contactable 24-hour Support for any out of Hour queries.
- When registering you will be going through our efficient Compliance Service.
- Free Occupational Health Fitness to Work Certificate
We also offer an outstanding referral scheme for any friends or colleagues.
If you would like to express your interest, please contact us for this great opportunity by calling on 0808 178 4445(option1) and speak to Kasey Sanders Or email on, firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices.
4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
More Jobs from 4Healthcare
- Support Worker- Learning Disabilities
- Mobile Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- Chef - Shorne
- Educational Psychologist
- North Somerset Council Social Worker - Advanced (Childrens) MASH Team
- Herefordshire Council - Head of MASH and Assessment
- Lancashire County Council Qualified Social Workers - LAC Team
- Finance Business Partner - Somerset
- Herefordshire Council - Permanence Team Manager (Fostering)
- Children and Families Support Worker - Bolton
- Cardiff Council - Specialist Consultant Worker - IFST Team G9
- Lancashire County Council - Qualified Social Worker - LAC Team
- North East Lincolnshire Council -Assistant Team Manager (Social Care Qualified) - Looked After Child
- Family Support Worker - Castleford, Wakefield
- Support Coach - Maidstone
- Teaching Assistant (TA)- Schools - Kent
- Teaching Assistant (TA)- Schools - East London