2nd Line IT Support Engineer
2nd Line IT Support Engineer
Location: Tring, Hertfordshire
Salary: £25k - £32k + Benefits
Our client has been established for over 30 years and has been providing outsourced IT support to local businesses, schools and charities.
From comprehensive outsourced IT support to the supply of IT equipment, they have it covered.
For most of the customers the client is their IT department, providing every IT solution they require.
They can manage various aspect of IT resource - maintaining hardware, software, infrastructure, communications, licences and asset management - helping customers to grow painlessly and adding functionality along the way.
An urgent requirement for an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated 2nd Line IT Support Engineer to join the team based at their offices in Tring that is capable of attending customer sites for IT support calls as and when required.
This is a varied and exciting role that covers many aspects of IT service provision in addition to supporting the customers.
Training will be provided where necessary, both in-house and via external courses.
* You will need to be able to work unsupervised, possess excellent telephone, customer service and client facing skills, appreciate how to deal with business managers, decision makers and take ownership of tasks undertook.
* The setup and installation of systems, plus maintaining and monitoring customers infrastructure are also important elements of the position
* Your ability quickly diagnose reported issues is central to maintaining a high level of service.
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Windows clients - installing and imaging, joining to domain and network, user profiles
* Windows Server - Active Directory, Group Policy, shared folders, NTFS permissions
* Networking - IPv4, switches
* Microsoft 365
* Anti-virus and firewall experience an advantage
* Exchange administration would be beneficial
* Printers - basic configuration, scan to folder, networking, deploying
* A conscientious and methodical approach to your work
* Work with an attention to detail
* The ability to manage your time and record it in their ticketing system
* A smart and presentable image and a non-smoker
* Candidates possessing the right level of character, drive and delivery focus but missing some of the above drivers will STILL be considered.
* 28 days' holiday (including Bank Holidays)
* An extra day's holiday for each year's service up to five years/five extra days
* Long service awards
* Friendly and professional atmosphere
* Loyalty and hard work rewarded
* Pleasant environment
* Private parking
Important Information: We endeavor to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Finance Assistant
- Sales Administrator / Sales Support Administrator
- Senior Post Producer
- PR Account Manager
- Finance Administrator
- Marketing Manager
- Delivery Drivers
- Upholstery Machinist
- Carpentry Joiner
- Upholstery Fabric Cutter
- Communications Manager
- Intervention Support Teacher - English
- Intervention Support Teacher - Maths
- Intervention Support Teacher - Science
- Mathematics Teacher
- Learning Support Assistant
- Front end Developer
- Dispensing Optician
- Nursery Manager