Assistant Analytical Chemist
£27,000 - £29,000 + Bonus + Benefits
These qualities best describe employees who work for Ingevity.
We believe it takes extraordinary people to create extraordinary results.
At Ingevity, we harness the bold spirit, innate curiosity and remarkable ingenuity of our people to develop innovations that purify, protect and enhance the world around us.
Our products enable oil to flow better, crops to grow fuller, roads last longer, and ensure that the air we all breathe is cleaner.
Based in the Innovation Department, the successful Assistant Analytical Chemist will conduct chemical analytical work to both develop new products and production processes, and methods of analysis related to Caprolactone monomer and polymers.
The post holder will also respond to non-routine technical requests received from customers for analysis or from site production for technical investigations.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator with excellent time management and organisational skills.
You will be proactive in your approach and take ownership for enquires with the ability to think outside the box, multitask and have empathy when handling customer enquiries.
Often you will be the first point of call for our customer, being able to quickly act and confidentially interact with the wider business is essential.
- To prepare and analyse samples within agreed timeframes, while ensuring all HSE, quality and turnaround time requirements are met.
- Preparing chemical standards and reagents in line with our Standard Operating Procedures and Risk Assessments.
- Use of the following instrumentation, after successful training, GC, GC-MS, NIR, Raman spectrometer
- Maintain the lab area according to the 5S standard to ensure an efficient and effective workplace
- Maintain and initiate repairs of the equipment according to the maintenance database and treat the equipment according to the manuals and instructions in order to keep the equipment well-functioning.
- Prove own competence concerning the lab activities by performing competence checks.
- Document all activities according to good documentation practices to comply with internal standards.
- Document all use of the relevant chemicals to comply with regulations on waste management including hazardous waste management.
- Be proactive in executing assigned work and be seeking opportunities to grow and develop.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Previous experience in a similar chemical analytics role.
- Formal qualification or relevant experience (2 - 3 years) in analytical chemistry is essential.
BSc in Chemistry or science related field.
- Ability to use computer and approved software programmes such as Outlook, Word and Excel at basic level.
- Ability to manage and utilise available resources such as equipment/tools, time and information to achieve work-related goals, with close supervision.
- Knowledge of testing and quality related questions.
Our outstanding benefits package includes 27 days holiday (plus public holidays), an appealing contributory pension scheme, private medical insurance, employee assistance & wellbeing programme, plus a range of other subsidised benefits and employee value initiatives.
Along with the above, we provide and pride ourselves on our organisational culture and working environment - providing a people-centric, lifestyle-balance approach.
The work can be intense and incredibly fast-moving; however, we provide several great working practices and a fully supportive, employee-engaging and inclusive environment.
Interested? We thought you might be, and we're so glad you want to help us shape the future of Ingevity in the UK.
MaxAd Recruitment Ltd and Ingevity are working in partnership to source applications
More Jobs from MaxAd Recruitment Ltd
- Technical Support Analyst
- Technical Support Analyst
- Marketing Coordinator
- Partnership Relations Executive
- C# / .Net Developer
- Dispatch & Packing Manager
- Graduate Technical Officer
- Senior Front End Developer - JS React
- Personal Assistant
- Account Executive – Salesforce & FinancialForce
- Payroll Officer
- Digital Content Assistant - eCommerce
- C# .Net Software Developer
- Customer Support Administrator
- EDI and Outreach Manager
- Purchasing Assistant
- Warehouse Operative
- Regional Sales Director
- eCommerce Data Processing Administrator
- Office Administrator - Part Time