Working as a remote Solution Architect for our client you will be responsible for designing and owning the Architecture of one or more software portfolios.
You will work with the Enterprise Architecture Team and Principal & Technical Lead Software Developers to produce scalable, secure and performant solutions.
This is a technical leadership role and requires authority, accuracy, and consistency within all communications.
Reporting to the Chief Solution Architect you will also interact with Software Architects, Engineering, DevOps, DevSecOps, UX, Product and InfoSec team members.
Working as a Solution Architect you will be a Change Agent who works alongside and across all the above teams and the wider business, to positively influence the company's culture, setting the standard for innovation, technology leadership and autonomy.
You will play a vital role in mentoring and coaching people across the Engineering function, helping to establish and maintain the Architectural Vision as well as being responsible for solution implementation, evolution, patterns, standards, and best practices.
The Solution Architect provides a point of escalation for the Engineering teams offering enhanced technical support to the wider organisation.
- Provide high quality, relevant and accurate technical leadership in the architecting of solutions and their components.
- Own the creation of high-quality Solution Architectures and their presentation at Architectural Review.
- Drive the agreed Solution Architectures through all stages of delivery, adapting where relevant and influencing others as appropriate.
- Own and evangelise about technology choices made within your portfolios and ensure alignment with the company Architectural Vision, Patterns, Standards & Best Practices.
- Contribute to the technology strategy.
- Support innovation & research and development (R&D), ensuring product team members feel empowered to challenge the way the team do things.
- Ensure all Engineering team members are fully aware of the detail of technical deliverables that you are accountable for at all stages of delivery.
- Define and document the Solutions Architecture Patterns, Standards & Best Practice that provide guidance and consistency in all developments.
- Communicate with clarity the options and recommendations that enable product features to be released on time, with an agreed scope and to the required quality.
- Support the production & execution of software delivery estimates and plans to support the needs of the business.
- Support the business case preparation through the identification of key architectural deliveries.
- Manage architectural risk through formal channels and architectural & engineering design reviews.
- Promote a pragmatic approach to software development, balancing functional change and architectural integrity.
- Successfully manage the relevant risks and issues with appropriate stakeholders.
- Consider carefully non-functional requirements (NFR's) to ensure that focus is placed across the application portfolio on:
- Performance & Scalability.
- Reliability and Availability / Failover / Disaster Recovery.
- Operational Sustainability.
- Engage in customer focused activities, supporting the company, ensuring the product team produces solutions that are highly relevant to the market.
The role is being offered as a remote role with very occasional office visits - our client has offices all around England and Scotland, so getting to an office when required (rarely) will not be difficult.
The role comes with an excellent salary and benefits package, including a good holiday allowance, a good pension, insurances, healthcare options, a bonus and much, much more...
Solution Architect, Software, Security, Architectural Review, Design Patterns, Standards, Best Practices, Performance, Scalability, Reliability, Availability, Failover, Disaster Recovery.
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010.
Bowerford Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Start: 01/08/2022
- Rate: £75000 - £80000 per annum + Pension, Holiday, Healthcare, Bonus
- Location: Exeter, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: IT
- Recruiter: Bowerford Associates
- Contact: Matthew Alford
- Tel: 07930 849353
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-06-09 16:54:22 -
- View all Jobs from Bowerford Associates
More Jobs from Bowerford Associates
- Senior Full Stack Developer
- Solution Architect
- PHP Developers
- Service Manager
- Office Administrator
- IT Support Technician
- Integration Developer
- PHP Developer
- Senior Front End Developer
- .NET Developer
- PHP Developer
- ITSM and Application Support Analyst
- Web Developer
- QHSE Engineer
- Firmware Engineer
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Junior Technical Sales Support Administrator
- Software Tester
- IT Presales Specialist