The buyer position exists as part of the Leading & Trailing Edge Procurement team.
The role contributes to all sourcing activities throughout the contract life cycle, managing tendering and contract negotiation including cost reduction and change management.
Task & accountabilities :
The main tasks and accountabilities will include:
● Act as the focal point for your contracts covering various Airbus commercial programmes with Aerostructures Procurement to lead projects as needed, manage the day to day relationships with suppliers and optimise customer value, while minimising total cost of ownership & risks.
● Coordinate with the Multi-Functional Team (Design, Programme, Plants, Quality and Supply chain) for all activities in relation to the parts / contracts that would be within your control.
● Monitor and apply the contract with suppliers and company stakeholders to achieve a complete application of the relevant terms and conditions to ensure that Quality, Support, Logistics and Delivery performances are in accordance with contractual / internal customer requirements and contribute to the definition and delivery of adequate improvement plans when relevant.
● Ensure the contract is up to date and negotiate amendments as required with suppliers
● Manage the Request for Information/Quotation (RFI/RFP) process and the contract negotiation to achieve the best purchasing conditions in accordance within Company requirements.
● Contribute to the development of Procurement and supply chain strategies to help reshape the current supply chain and bring innovation into the current product portfolio This role will involve infrequent travel across the UK, and Europe for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks.
Required skills :
● Procurement experience desirable
● Commercial / Contract / Finance knowledge is desirable.
● Good understanding of stakeholder management / internal customers
● Excellent communication and negotiation skills
● Good knowledge of IT tools ● Basic knowledge of SAP is desirable
● Negotiation level in English, both written and verbal This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Technical Tutor - Business Improvement/LEAN
- Mechanical Workshop Tutor
- Mechanical Engineering Lecturer
- Technical Sales Support
- Production Operator
- Regional Membership Manager
- Purchasing Administration Assistant
- Graduate Purchasing Assistant
- Executive Business Programme Manager
- Business Programme Manager - 122645-1
- Production Technician
- Senior Site Facilities Lead
- Expeditor - EMEA
- IT Engineers- Project
- Structural Analysis
- Marketing and Social Media Executive (Marine)
- Project Manager (Water and Waste)
- Sales Executive Apprentice
- Mechanical Assembly Technician
- Senior Ship Agent/Agency Manager - Perm - Borough of Halton