Network and Communications Manager
Network and Communications Manager sought by a well-known and public-facing organisation of circa 2000 staff, with close to 40 sites spread across the county.
The business is involved in significant, complex and critical logistical operations, providing services to hundreds-of-thousands.
As Network and Communications Manager, you will assume responsibility for the management of reasonably complex Local and Wide Area Networks, WiFi, VPN's and VoIP Telephony for the business.
You'll be part of a new, highly capable IT team of circa 20, with one direct report, supporting (in a hands-on capacity), complex IT Infrastructure and contributing to critical projects.
- Management and maintenance of all network hardware and equipment, establishing best practices for installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of network assets (hardware and software).
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies and procedures for administrating network resources.
- Provide detailed Network Asset Management, together with documentation relating to network configuration and hardware / software assets.
- Design and implementation of strategic plans to ensure network capacity meets both existing and future requirements.
- Management of suppliers and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Assist in development of BC / DR plans, responding to emergency network outages in accordance with those plans.
- Development and monitoring of KPIs and performance metrics relating to the network.
- Line management of a Network Engineer, providing guidance to the wider team where required.
- Management, configuration and handson troubleshooting experience of enterprise LANs, WANs, WLANs and VPNs
- Extensive experience with both Cisco and HP switches / firewalls
- CCNA / CCNP, or equivalent practical experience
- Strong technical knowledge of both network and PC operating systems.
- Monitoring experience, ideally utilising SolarWinds and PTRG.
- Implementation of SDWAN solutions ( Paulo Alto or Meraki )
- Ideally you'll also have experience working with Checkpoint firewalls
The role offers excellent benefits, including flexible working and a final salary pension.
Location; Central London (or alternatively from other sites in Buckinghamshire or Oxfordshire), with occasional travel a requirement.
Due to the nature of the role, with the business involved in Critical National Infrastructure, some out-of-hours work is expected.
More Jobs from context recruitment
- IT Support Analyst
- Palo Alto Consultant
- IT Support Engineer (1st Line)
- Cyber Security Operations Lead
- HR Manager
- Project Manager
- 2nd Line IT Support (onsite)
- 3rd Line Engineer
- IT Support Engineer
- Technical IT Project Manager - Major Transformation
- Infrastructure Engineer - O365
- Application Support Analyst ( D365 )
- Customer Service Advisor / 1st Line Support
- Project Delivery Manager
- Senior SQL Server DBA
- Network Security Engineer - Checkpoint
- Dynamics 365 Test Lead
- 2nd Line / Field Engineer
- Digital Delivery Manager - Ecommerce
- IT Infrastructure Transformation Manager – Cloud Transformation