Band 3 Support Worker - Community Living Adult Disabilities
We are seeking a dedicated and enthusiatic Band 3 Support Worker to join the Community Living team, within the Adult Disabilities Services on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
The Service supports people with learning disabilities and autism in a variety of settings.
These include residential homes, a short-break service, supported living and outreach.
There is also a brand new purpose-built autism hub recently opened.
This role is specifically based within the Community Living team, but there are also opportunities, depending on your skills and knowledge to expand your skills and experience in other areas of the service, should you so wish.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scales.
The current Guernsey Band 3 salary is £23,038 to £27,050 plus an annual bonus of £1,350 and higher unsocial hours enhancements; 40% evening/Saturday and 80% Sunday/BH.
Annual leave starts at 36 days up to 42 days with full credit for NHS service for annual leave and sick leave.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000.
It has some of the British Isles' finest and best-kept beaches, a mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbor town in St.
Peter's Port, the island's capital.
At least six months as a Support Worker in a Learning Disabilities setting.
NVQ or equivalent qualification is desirable but there is an opportunity for you to progress through to NVQ 3 or BTech in Positive Behaviour Support.
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
- A higher-than-UK salary.
- An annual bonus of £1,350
- A flat rate 20% income tax.
- No Council tax or VAT
- A relocation payment of £5,000
- On-site Staff Accommodation
- A generous allowance for private rental accommodation
- A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
We are a leading healthcare recruitment partner with particular expertise in the placement of the full range of Learning Disabilities staff.
As a nurse-led consultancy, our detailed understanding of the complexity of such roles places us in an excellent position to match your skills with the specific requirements of our Recruiting Managers.
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.
- Rate: £24.4k - 28.4k per year + £5K relocation, £Bonus, Accommodation
- Location: Guernsey
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: Jarrodean Healthcare Recruitment
- Tel: 020 7112 9087
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: UDS616/GY
- Posted: 2022-06-17 17:27:46 -
- View all Jobs from Jarrodean Healthcare Recruitment
More Jobs from Jarrodean Healthcare Recruitment
- Recovery Theatre Practitioner
- Scrub - Theatre Practitioner
- Surgical Ward Staff Nurse - Nights
- Surgical / Orthopaedic Ward Staff Nurse
- Trauma Orthopaedic Ward - Staff Nurse
- Rotational Staff Nurse - Surgical, Medical & Palliative
- Band 3 Autism Outreach Support Worker
- Lead Theatre Practitioner
- Band 4 Autism Outreach Support Worker
- CT Radiographer
- Staff Nurse - Urology, GI & Plastics Surgical Ward
- Acute and Community Nurse - Island of Alderney
- Trauma Orthopaedic Ward - Senior Staff Nurse
- Band 7 Occupational Therapist - Admission Avoidance
- Advanced Critical Care Practitioner- Band 8A
- Elective Orthopaedic Ward - Deputy Ward Manager
- A&E - Band 7 Team Leader
- Hospital Outpatient Dispensary Pharmacist
- Senior Endoscopy Staff Nurse
- Senior Staff Nurse - Orthopaedic Ward