UK Commodity Manager
The role of UK Commodity Manager will see the successful candidate managing a small team of procurement professionals for a world-class automotive supplier, both Direct and Indirect.
You will have demonstrable management skills, being able to develop your team successfully, as well as strong commercial negotiation skills.
This role will see the chosen candidate on-site in Gloucestershire 5 days-a-week, with occasional visits to the site in Kent, as well as occasional travel (2-3 days a month) to mainland Europe to meet with suppliers.
The ideal candidate must have 5+ years experience in a related engineering environment, preferably within the automotive industry.
They will be able to demonstrate management and leadership skills, being able to coach and mentor their team - with high caliber communication skills to be able to present to all levels of the management team.
They must also have a robust understanding of technical drawing and specifications.
The candidate must have a degree in business or engineering.
CIPS qualifications are desirable, but not essential with the right experience.
A good understanding of GES, SAP and other relevant systems would be advantageous, as well as any other technical qualifications.
Benefits included with this role include:
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Long service holiday (if applicable)
- Pension Scheme
- Dental plan
- Onsite parking
- Staff discount with selected retailers + wellbeing platforms
- Discounted gym membership at Roko
- Subsidised canteen
- Relocation package up to £6,000 - reimbursed in first months' salary
If you think you are suited for this role and you're ready to start your next adventure with a first-rate player within the automotive industry, then please contact Julian at:
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Project Manager
- Sales Executive (Telecoms)
- UK Tax Manager
- Shipwright - Gosport
- Works Foreman
- Laminator (GRP Marine)
- Engineering Manager
- Project Leader
- Business Development Manager - Crewing Solutions
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Analytical Team Leader
- Site Electrical Engineer (AP)
- Production Planner
- Electrical Design Engineer
- Regional Membership Manager
- HSS Coordinator
- GRP Laminator (Marine)- Oundle
- Marine Paint Sprayer- Norwich
- Composite Laminator (Boat Builder) - France