Mechanical Engineer - Monday - Friday Field-based
This mobile maintenance engineer vacancy is working with one of the UK's largest manufacturing organisations.
The mobile maintenance team is a newly formed department but are now looking to expand as it brings great benefits to the business.
The vacancy is for Monday to Friday days only.
Role responsibilities will vary from time to time, but mainly consists of assisting with factory planned maintenance/ project work as far up to Durham across the Midlands, and as far South as Kent and Bath.
As the role would be to cater for many factories around the country, a large amount of travel & working away from home will be required.
A company van and fuel card would be provided to the successful candidate for the use of travelling to each factory, so no personal use of own vehicle would be needed.
Whilst working away from home, any accommodation & expenses would be paid for by the business.
A large amount of overtime will be required to ensure the depart deliveries on its KPIs & keeping production downtime to the very minimum.
Overtime would be agreed with the successful candidate & business and is also paid at a premium.
The successful mobile mechanical engineer / maintenance Electrician will benefit from:
- A base salary from £40-42k per annum, plus overtime also available at x 1.5, x 2
- Company pension matched up to 10%
- Share option scheme, plus employee benefits program
- Standard 37.5 hour working week Monday to Friday
- Training programs, advanced quals etc
- 25 days paid holiday per annum, plus stats
- Company van, fuel card and tools
- Hotels fully paid, plus expenses also available for food and drinks
Key Responsibilities of Mobile Electrical Engineer / Mobile Maintenance Electrician:
- To carry out essential planned mechanical maintenance and complete necessary repairs to keep factories in good working order.
- Involvement in on-going process improvement throughout the factories, developing new ideas and better solutions.
- Provide good communication skills to colleagues & production personnel to develop an understanding of the machinery operation so faults can be diagnosed & rectified efficiently.
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance, Inspections, Service and Repairs, hydraulic machinery, bearings, shafts, conveyor-based systems etc
- Support process improvement throughout the factories
- Responsible for plant wide proactive and reactive mechanical maintenance activities to ensure the optimum performance of all factories
- Report to the Engineering Team Leader to ensure all maintenance tasks are undertaken and completed.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Recognised Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship & or Qualifications; Level 3 NVQ 7 BTEC Level 3, City & Guilds in mechanical Engineering etc
- Demonstrable knowledge & expertise in PPM and reactive maintenance on Industrial Plant & Equipment.
- High degree of Health & Safety awareness.
In return, you will be offered a truly varied role within a dynamic and a fast-paced business, providing opportunities to develop your skill sets and progress your career.
More Jobs from E3 Recruitment
- Engeering Maintenance Planner / PPM
- CNC Machinist
- QHSE Engineer
- Sewing Machinist
- Electrical Project Engineer
- Mechanical Project Engineer
- Maintenance Electrician
- Maintenance Electrician
- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer - DAYS ONLY
- Maintenance Engineer - Monday to Friday - Days Only
- Electrical Test Engineer
- Service Advisor
- Continuous Improvement Manager
- Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Production Operative
- Maintenance Engineer
- Data Analyst
- Mechanical Fitter