Water Industry Electrical Design Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Water Industry Electrical Design Engineer to join our friendly team here at AFECO.
Job title: Water Industry Electrical Design Engineer
Location: Head office
Salary: £33,000- £45,000 / per year + Benefits (Listed below)
Line Manager / Daily Reporting: Technical Director
AFECO is an engineering services provider, delivering high-quality process and MEICA design and installation projects predominantly across the South of England for the water industry.
We have an excellent in-house engineering team capable of delivering all stages of the project cycle, from concept through to commissioning, with a strong focus on cleantech product development, innovation, and robust, appropriate solutions.
The majority of our work is in the UK water sector where we deliver innovation, optimisation and robust engineering solutions.
We have a portfolio of varied projects, both wastewater and clean water, across the Southern Water region and are seeing rapid expansion into other water companies due to the success of our products and solutions so it is an exciting time to join our business.
We are a lively and friendly organisation with a main office based in Havant, Hampshire.
Due to the expansion of our team, we are currently recruiting site-based electricians to work as part of our multi-disciplinary team.
This is a great opportunity for enthusiastic individuals who fit in with our company values and are keen to develop in a forward-thinking company.
As a member of our office team, you will be responsible for working on all electrical and control elements of the Company's projects and will work with our project team to manage the delivery of a range of projects.
The day-to-day requirements of the role will require working as part of our team to work on all elements of project design and delivery, including tender development, project planning and coordination, carrying out electrical design/specification works, coordinating the review of project designs, coordinating with subcontractors and suppliers, and ensuring the proper implementation of project elements, controls and paperwork.
The role will also require regular visits to the site to scope, check and troubleshoot both potential and live projects and to ensure the smooth running of all projects.
The core responsibilities and requirements of this position include:
* Collaborating with the project team (engineers and site staff) to create efficient methods of working and maintain project profitability
* Completion of electrical design elements of all Company projects
* Develop the Specifications, Schedules and drawings for the equipment that is required for each project
* The ability to specify job requirements and the parts/equipment / materials needed to enable projects to be scoped out for tender as well as on-site delivery
* Formulate realistic parameters for each project, including design elements and implementation procedures
* Establish the methods by which all field tests are administered and develop various ways to monitor the quality of those tests
* Utilise design drawings, wiring diagrams and manufacturer's installation manuals to complete assigned projects
* Survey electrical systems and plans
* Manage and oversee all elements of project delivery under a Project Manager from initial site surveys and proposal preparation through to final handover including preparation of all necessary documentation, costings, proposals, specifications, site, testing, and commissioning documentation
* Project budget and programme management
* Compliance with NICEIC requirements and client-specific standards
* Ensure compliance with the Company's policies, procedures and work instructions including a commitment to working with the Company to achieve its OH&S, environmental and quality objectives and always using correct Personal Protective Equipment
* Be results-driven and accountable to yourself and your co-workers
* Continued training and development
* Observe and comply with all good working practices
* Carry out any other reasonable request from the management team
Qualifications and skills:
The main skills required for this role are experience and dedication with a positive attitude.
We are looking for at least 3 years of experience in electrical design, ideally in the UK water sector, and with a strong balance of office and practical experience.
Good communication, team working and problem-solving skills are essential for this role, as well as the ability to understand electrical drawings and instructions.
* Bachelors degree in engineering / related field or equivalent
* 3+ years' related field and project experience
* Excellent project management / organisational skills with the ability to multitask
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent degree in computer literacy
* CAD expertise and experience are preferable
* Field / practical experience essential
* Excellent CDM and health and safety knowledge and application
* Positive "can do" attitude with a flexible approach to work
* Excellent personal presentation
* Valid UK driving licence (full, clean)
* CSCS card preferable
* Confined spaces training (preferable)
At AFECO, we value our employees and encourage and support them in developing themselves and their careers through training and progression.
We offer the opportunity to work on a range of project types and sizes in the water sector including our own internally developed products and solutions.
We are a privately owned business with a friendly and open culture and are dedicated to creating and maintaining and workforce that is highly skilled and motivated.
As a Company we are committed to equal opportunities for all and do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, sex, disability or age.
* Company pension scheme applicable after a 3-month probation period
* 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
* All necessary PPE and workwear
* Company life insurance and health care scheme
* Employee benefits package that includes training and development opportunities
To apply for our vacancy for a Water Industry Electrical Design Engineer, please click on Apply and upload a copy of your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you.
More Jobs from Lilium Direct
- Care Assistant
- Hedge Planting Operative
- Home Care Assistant
- Junior Power Trader
- Estate Agent
- Parts Supervisor
- Lead NPD Technologist
- Business Development Executive
- Care Assistant
- Research Associate
- Scientific Officer
- Financial Accountant
- Stonemason / Bricklayer
- Manufacturing and Production Operative
- Flooring Fitter
- Junior FX Trader