Grounds Maintenance Team Leader
A large housing association is recruiting for a Grounds Maintenance Team Leader to manage the grounds maintenance service across Slough.
The focus of this Grounds Maintenance Team Leader role to oversee the grounds maintenance service across the Slough area, ensuring ll our resources are utilised efficiently and work is completed in a safe and timely manner.
This will include the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop a highly motivated high performing, customer obsessed, values-based team.
- Ensure the delivery of a high performing grounds maintenance service to all customers within the operating area.
- Ensure all operational performance criteria are met and/or exceeded as required by the business.
- Dealing with customer feedback, taking responsibility for complaints within the operating area to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained
- Maintaining records to support the monitoring and reporting on performance progress, quality control and budget reconciliation.
- Organise and complete any necessary checks to ensure that all colleagues within the operating area are fully compliant and trained
- Ensure the safety of all team members, other colleagues, suppliers and members of the public through effective H&S management in all aspects of work.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all equipment used by the grounds maintenance team is serviced regularly, washed and kept clean, and is in a good safe working condition with any repairs work managed without a disruption to the service.
- Responsible for ensuring there are plant machinery, materials and supplies appropriate to grounds maintenance available at all times.
To be considered for this Grounds Maintenance Team Leader role you will require the following skills and experience:
- Qualification in grounds maintenance or equivalent field.
- H&S qualification (e.g.
SSSTS, SMSTS, IOSH) with a solid working knowledge of application of Health and Safety legislation and how to keep people safe in a maintenance or minor works onsite environment.
- Demonstrate experience of working in a similar role within a grounds maintenance environment.
- Experience of managing a mobile workforce of circa 15 - 20 trades to deliver a quality grounds maintenance service.
- Demonstrable ability to identify risk and support & deliver effective and appropriate decisions and outcomes.
- Demonstrable experience and solid understanding of cost management in a grounds maintenance environment.
- Good commercial awareness with an ability to utilise system data to analyse operational and financial performance.
- IT Literate with experience of grounds maintenance systems, job management and diary planning for the workforce.
- Team player who fosters positive working relationships at all levels.
- Full Driving licence and or the ability to travel in a timely and efficient manner to visit sites and attend meetings frequently located in areas which are not covered by public transport.
- Demonstrates our Values and Behaviours.
This is a permanent, full time Grounds Maintenance Team Leader role, working 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday and offering a salary of £28,296 including benefits such as 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, an excellent pension scheme etc.
If this Grounds Maintenance Team Leader role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Grounds Maintenance Team Leader role, please send your CV lee .
mc millan @ service care .
uk or call me on 01772 208 966 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Grounds Maintenance Team Leader role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: Up to £28296.00 per annum
- Location: Slough, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Property
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lee McMillan
- Tel: 01772 208966
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-08-02 14:14:35 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Occupational Health Advisor
- Project Officer
- Customer Service and Planning Supervisor
- Customer Service Advisor
- Debt Recovery Officer
- Site Support Assistant
- Conveyancing Lawyer
- Family Support Worker
- Analyst Developer
- Finance Manager
- Deputy Chief Operating Officer
- Digital Java Developer Senior
- Senior ICT Support Officer
- Social Worker
- Reablement Assistant
- Mental Health Support Worker
- Children and Family Social Worker
- Mental Healthcare Assistant