IT Project Manager - Major Transformation
IT Project Manager
Opportunity for a Technical IT Project Manager to join a well-known public transport organisation undergoing significant technology transformation.
A reputable, complex organisation with numerous sites, providing services to hundreds-of-thousands across the country.
You'll be joining at a particularly exciting time for the business, currently in the midst of major change as it separates from dependency on group services, insourcing Information Technology services.
You'll be an early hire in the formation of a new IT Department, taking responsibility for the delivery of a broad range of IT projects, transforming IT services and delivering technology solutions, upgrades and deployments across the entire technology landscape.
Example initial projects include; full (major) network refresh (SDWAN), full Datacentre migration to cloud (Elastic Computing), various application separations/solutions/upgrades, New BI platform, EUC device deployments and more.
You will manage several projects concurrently, through the full project lifecycle i.e.
discovery, design, build, migration, test, release, ensuring ops/support processes are in place etc, along with commercial aspects such as licencing, outsourcing of services etc.
You will be delivering projects into a critical national infrastructure environment and therefore we are looking for an experienced IT Project Manager capable of managing the delivery of a range of technical IT projects, of small-to-medium scale.
You'll need to be a team player, with a can-do attitude, capable of managing multiple complex IT projects concurrently.
You will be confident in working with 3rd party vendors and service providers, senior business stakeholders and directly with technical IT teams across various disciplines.
Required skills and experience:
- IT Project Management, delivering a variety of technical IT projects
- IT Infrastructure project experience essential; DC migrations, Network related projects etc.
- A strong understanding of information technology in corporate environment; spanning applications, infrastructure, data/business intelligence, EUC, information Security etc
- Demonstrable experience of managing multiple small-to-medium sized technical projects concurrently.
- Highly organised with demonstrable experience of utilising best-practice project management governance, tools and documentation
- Working with business to define project scope and benefits
- Implementing project processes including scope management, planning, change control, comms, RAID, quality control, cost management and procurement
- Qualified in Prince 2 / PMP / ITIL or other relevant accreditations.
- Excellent MS project and PPM tooling skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to engage and manage relationships in a pressured environment
- Strong experience of procuring, engaging and managing vendors and service providers
- Able to work closely with technical delivery teams.
Salary up to £60,000
The role offers excellent benefits, including a final salary pension, free rail travel and flexible/home working
Location; Central London (or alternatively from other sites in Buckinghamshire or Oxfordshire), with occasional travel a requirement.
Flexible working policy (Work from home up to 3 days per week)
More Jobs from context recruitment
- Trainee Junior Cyber Security Analyst
- QA Test Delivery Manager
- Project Delivery Manager - Software Implementation
- Advertising Sales Executive
- Azure Consultant
- Microsoft Project Engineer
- Senior Network Engineer
- Infrastructure Project Consultant
- Infrastructure Engineer
- 2nd Line Engineer
- Service Desk Engineer
- Senior Marketing Executive
- 2nd Line IT Support
- Provisioning Executive
- Senior SQL Server DBA
- Dynamics 365 Test Lead
- Presales Engineer
- Senior Linux Engineer
- Credit Controller
- Accounts Payable Administrator