Factory Manager - Glass Processing
Position: Factory Manager - Glass Processing
Salary: Negotiable DOE
SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION
This role will suit a highly organized, proactive, and enthusiastic individual with both extensive technical and manufacturing glass processing experience in the façade and building envelope industry.
The Glass Plant Manager is responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency, and profitability of our modern glass processing plant operations through establishment and implementation of effective processes, procedures and strategies.
The Glass Plant Manager will report to the Operations Manager and shall provide leadership and direction by making key strategic decisions to improve plant operational and financial performance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and implement policies, procedures and reporting structures to monitor plant / production activities and resolve operational issues to ensure compliance of projects / company short term and long-term goals.
- Implement robust data collection to monitor plant performance and drive informed decision making.
- Establish KPI's to monitor operational success against business objectives.
- Set and manage Plant & Team Goals and Objectives to deliver the plant KPI's.
- Oversee capacity and production planning from a resource, equipment, and materials perspective.
- Establish and drive a culture of continuous improvement through the foundations of LEAN business operating systems.
- Deliver a LEAN/CI cost saving program through your team reducing operating expenditure within the business.
- Promote a quality driven culture throughout the plant through the development and implementation of robust processes and systems.
- Efficiently manage and direct the daily production activities
- Lead by example to monitor overall plant functions for safety, production, and quality standards.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate plant operational performance, and implement improvements or corrective measures to achieve operational efficiency.
- Responsible for development and implementation of production / manufacturing best practices, policies, and procedures.
- Managing the master production schedule, work-in-progress inventory and the generation and execution of sites' schedules.
- Analyze and implement process improvements to enhance workflows, plant layouts / automation, production quality and capacity.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement optimal production solutions and machinery / equipment needs or acquisitions
- Provide leadership and mentoring to plant personnel.
- Establish programs to ensure plant training, upskilling and succession planning are in place to deliver both the short and long term business strategy.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or Manufacturing Management
- 10+ years' experience in Glass Processing industry.
- At least 5 years' experience in a management role.
- Experience in Middle east or Gulf Region preferred.
- Strong people management skills.
- Strong sense of commercial awareness and project targets.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Experience of Production Management/ERP software.
- Strong team building ability
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Client-centric approach.
- Ability to work with multicultural workforce
- Time flexibility to ensure work schedule compliance
- Travel is accordance with company requirements
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Clodagh 00353 86 0405288 in complete confidence.
More Jobs from Elk Recruitment
- New Office Admin €30k- €35k+ North Dublin
- Excellent Telecommunications Recruiter €40k- €52k Basic Salary
- NEW Junior CAD Technician €35k+
- Excellent CAD Designer €38,000
- Credit Controller / Accounts €27k-€34k+ Carlow
- NEW Financial Controller €75k+ Carlow
- Office Accounts/ Admin €30k-€35k+ Carlow
- Sustainability Engineer - Glass Processing
- Master Scheduler - Glass Processing
- CNC Machine Operator - Aluminium UPVC Windows
- NEW Quantity Surveyor €85k+ Cork
- Warehouse Lead
- Procurement Administrator
- Quantity Surveyor Cork €65k-€85k+
- NEW Office Admin €24k- €30k Carlow
- Production Supervisor
- Electrical Site Foreman
- General Operative- Forklift Licence
- Sales Representative – Automatic Doors & Access Controls
- Senior Associate- Sale Delivery Team