Support Worker (part time 30 hours per week)
We are looking for a positive, enthusiastic support worker to help deliver short break support to disabled children, young people and their families in a part time role.
The worker will be part of a team supporting disabled young people attend youth groups.
We support disabled children and young people with a wide range of special needs; severe learning difficulties, emotional, behavioural difficulties and autism.
We encourage the children to play adventurously, creatively and imaginatively, and to enable them to obtain the full benefit of the facilities provided by the schemes/
· To assist with the care needs of the children and young people: for example, feeding, toileting and changing.
· To participate in schemes arts and crafts activities.
· To assist in maintaining the schemes and play building, play equipment and outdoor play structures in a safe and satisfactory condition.
· To assist in maintaining the schemes and play building to the required standards of Health and Safety, including of cleanliness and tidiness.
· To undertake such other duties as become necessary from time to time.
· To provide inclusive play opportunities.
This post will be carried out over 5 days.
The successful candidate will have a day off in the week and will not be required to work Sunday.
Please note this is a part time role - 30 hours per week
More Jobs from KIDS Birmingham
- Domiciliary Care Practitioner (Part time 16 hours during school holidays) - Lincoln
- Domiciliary Care Practitioner (Part time) - Lincoln
- Domicillary Care Worker Lincolnshire
- Sessional Assistant Practitioner - Basingstoke
- Practitioner - Children/Young People Support - South Gloucestershire (part time)
- Support Worker for Disabled Child - Longwell Green, Bristol
- Support Worker for Disabled Child - South Gloucestershire
- Support Worker - Hounslow (Short Breaks)
- Play/Support Worker - Wokingham
- Support/Play Worker - Oxford
- Support Worker - Disabled Children/Young People (South Gloucestershire area
- Residential Short Breaks Worker
- Practitioner - Residential
- Play Scheme Coordinator: Disabled children and young people services
- Play Worker Hackney Adventure Playground
- Play Worker Lincolnshire
- SENDIASS Richmond and Kingston - Term time and Part time (24 Hours)
- Short Breaks Worker - Hackney (Part Time)
- Senior Practitioner - Portage Home Learning ( Part time)
- Assistant Finance Business Partner - Fixed Term Maternity Cover Hybrid Working