We have an exciting opportunity for a Programme Manager to join our team here at Boxing Futures.
Job Title: Programme Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £30,000 - £34,000 per year + Benefits (See below)
Location: Peterborough - office based with regular travel as commensurate with the role, PE7 3PU
Responsible to: Director of Operations
Responsible for: Delivery Team
Boxing Futures are a national charity that believes in the potential of every young person.
We change lives through non-contact boxing training, coupled with social and emotional learning programmes, and outreach into our local communities to engage positively with disadvantaged young people, with a focus on physical and mental well-being.
This is a frontline coaching delivery role, with programme management responsibilities.
The postholder will supervise delivery colleagues and have oversight of programme quality, delivery, development, and engagement.
The role requires significant knowledge and understanding of youth work and trauma-informed practice, whilst a background in fitness with an interest in non-contact boxing is desirable.
Working with the Director of Operations, the postholder will support the review of programme content, making sure that we remain relevant to the communities we seek to support, and have a focus on enhancing and growing local relationships with stakeholders.
In line with the organisational growth strategy, the postholder will be pivotal in progressing quality educational wellbeing programmes.
An enhanced DBS check will be required for this post as the post holder will have some direct working with vulnerable people.
Programme planning, delivery, and review
* Plan, design and develop meaningful programmes tailored specifically to participating cohorts.
* Monitor the scheduling of programmes and ensure adequate staffing ratios.
* Supervise the performance of programmes and provide regular data monitoring to senior colleagues.
* Hold responsibility for the timely and accurate maintenance of programme records.
* Collate feedback data from participants and referral partners and use this to inform future programme delivery and continuous improvement.
* Act as a lead or supporting coach as required.
* Hold responsibility for participant, staff and volunteer health and safety during delivery.
* Ensure that all issues are reported in line with Boxing Futures policies and procedures.
* Provide regular support to line reports, to include supervision, annual appraisal, and assessment of training needs.
* Actively participate in own supervision process and training development.
* Maintain close and constructive relationships with external stakeholders.
* Represent Boxing Futures at relevant local fora, key events, and meetings.
* Help identify opportunities for new contracts and services and work with colleagues to respond to such.
Managing Quality and Compliance
* Ensure that organisational governance is always adhered to.
* Fully assist in organisational internal auditing processes.
* Monitor the performance of services and report complaints or safeguarding concerns from clients and commissioners and other stakeholders in line with BF policies.
* Receive and respond to compliments, comments, and complaints in a timely manner.
* Ensure that all delivery calendars and schedules are accurate and updated.
* Maintain and submit accurate records of programme delivery.
* Maintain up to date knowledge of administrative systems and procedures and standards for record keeping.
What we are looking for from you:
* Educated to degree level in Youthwork and/or Education.
* Evidence of supervisory lead or management of a small team.
* Minimum of 2 years' experience of working with communities with additional needs.
* Minimum of 2 years' experience of delivering sport-based training programmes, or demonstrable equivalent aptitude in sport.
* An excellent working knowledge of Safeguarding protocols.
* A Youth Work qualification or able to demonstrate equivalent experience and achievements.
* Level 1 or above England Boxing Qualification
* Qualified Boxercise Instructor
* Level 2 or above PT Instructor
* Boxology Qualification
Skills and Aptitude
* A strong leader with the aptitude to organise and develop a growing team.
* Natural communicator with good interpersonal skills to engage and influence service users and stakeholders alike.
* Ability to work independently, exercising own judgement and managing multiple priorities.
* Compelled to working in an inclusive way, with a strong understanding of equity and diversity.
* Committed to supporting people with additional needs and from a range of communities.
* As a confident and engaging communicator, participate in internal/external meetings as required and attend training events, conferences, and functions, as necessary.
* Participate in regular supervision and annual appraisal and help identify your own job-related development and training needs.
* At all times undertake your work in a professional manner maintaining a high-quality standard of work, and to always work in accordance with the aims, values, and ethos of Boxing Futures.
* 25 days exclusive of bank holidays and statutory holidays + 3% employers pension contribution
* Flexible working hours
* attendance at events
To apply for our vacancy for a Programme Manager, please click on Apply and upload a copy of your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you.
More Jobs from Lilium Direct
- Parts Supervisor
- Lead NPD Technologist
- Business Development Executive
- Care Assistant
- Research Associate
- Scientific Officer
- Financial Accountant
- Stonemason / Bricklayer
- Manufacturing and Production Operative
- Flooring Fitter
- Junior FX Trader
- Hospital Porter
- Relief Security Officer
- Security Officer
- Security Officer