Cyber Security Lead
Cyber Security Lead (
*Security Clearance IS Required
Role type: Permanent
Location: On Site (Multiple Locations along M4 corridor)
Salary: £70,000 - £100,000
We are working with an independent IT consulting company that provide both business and technical services to the UK public sector, including departments such as the Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Justice, and the National Health Service.
They specialise in design, procurement and delivery of digital services and associated business change activities, and they help their clients to determine and resolve management and tech issues and find new opportunities to improve services and performance.
You would be working as a Cyber Security lead, in this role as a cyber security lead consultant you will lead multiple small teams in their support of a wide range of UK public sector and defence organisations such as Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Justice and National Health Service to name a few.
You will be helping clients protect their ICT investments and in doing so you will be playing a big part of critical national projects which make a positive difference to people's everyday lives.
As a cyber security lead, you will be able to carve out your own career and not be held back, you'll have complete autonomy over your career.
The ideal cyber security lead is someone with a genuine interest in technology and security with an understanding and appreciation of the clients technology, systems and processes, someone who can engage clients, and likewise engage their team members to get the best out of everyone and produce the best results.
What you will be doing as a cyber security lead:
- Providing security expertise for major system procurement and Agile programmes to ensure secure solution delivery.
- Identifying, analysing and evaluating information risks across a range of programmes, projects and systems.
- Explaining to risk owners and other stakeholders the causes, likelihood and potential business impacts of information risks throughout the information system life cycle.
- Identifying and presenting options for treating or transferring information risks.
- Authoring and/or supporting the development of security assurance documentation in accordance with risk management frameworks.
- Developing or reviewing new security architectures that mitigate the risks posed by new technologies and business practices.
- Providing consultancy to customers on information assurance and architectural problems.
- Scoping security testing activities, and explaining the results and required remediation.
- Conducting security monitoring and investigating security incidents.
What we need from you as a cyber security lead:
- Experience of complex ICT systems security in a technical delivery or consulting capacity within the UK Defence sector.
- A good understanding of enterprise information and communications technology.
- The ability to present and justify conclusions to project teams and business stakeholders.
- Proven abilities in delivering to client expectations and requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Structured security frameworks, such as HMG SPF and ISO27001.
- BID writing
- Security, technical and enterprise architecture methods such as TOGAF and SABSA.
- Technical risk assessments.
- Software development and delivery
- ICT service delivery, including ITIL.
- Confident and engaging attitude with a passion for what they do and likes to get stuff done and step up when necessary.
- Show initiative, interest and appreciation in processes, technology and systems used.
- Willing to travel
* Candidates MUST have or be eligible and willing to gain UK Security Clearance to apply for this position
More Jobs from McGinley Support Services
- C# .NET Developer - Fully Remote
- Partner Marketing Executive - Global Tech Co
- Facilities Manager
- Site Supervisor (infrastructure) (Rail)
- Project Manager (highways)
- Contracts Engineer (highways)
- Labourer- Nights
- Site Manager - Fit-Out
- GP Locum in Barking, East London
- GP Locum in Guildford
- Salaried GP in Woking
- Salaried GP Bedford
- Project Manager
- GP Locum in Buckinghamshire
- GP Partner in Chatham, Kent
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Building Surveyor
- Supply Chain
- CPCS Traffic Marshal
- Quality Systems Engineer - Manufacturing