IT Service Manager
Are you a SC cleared IT Service Manager who is keen to work for a large ministerial department? Keen to work for a client who offers hybrid working and a real work-life balance?
My client, the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office is looking for an IT Service Manager to join their team on an initial 6-month contract.
The contract offers hybrid working and has been deemed inside of IR35.
Important information - You MUST hold live SC level Security Clearance to apply for this post.
The contract will be working on UK eyes only programmes.
Rate - £660 p/d Umbrella
Location - London, 2-3 days on site p/w
CV deadline - 22/08 @ 2pm
Interview process - 1 stage vis MS Teams
Key aspects of the role and responsibilities:
The successful contractor will be responsible for managing the service delivery of ICT services and working with teams from IT service operations.
A Senior IT Service Manager is responsible for service management across platforms, multiple channels and services to ensure service availability, performance and process maturity.
- Know how to manage configuration items, related information, service compliance and risks.
- Lead investigative work into problems with and opportunities in existing processes, driving the collection of information and creation of recommendations for improvements.
- Know how to analyse current processes, identify and implement opportunities to optimise processes, and lead and develop a team of experts to deliver service improvements.
- Take accountability of issues that occur and be proactive in searching for potential problems.
- Know how to influence stakeholders and manage relationships effectively, building long-term strategic relationships.
- Know how to leverage your data analytics skills to enhance business performance.
- Define strategies and policies, providing guidance to others on working in the strategic context.
Essential skills / experience required:
- Someone who can drop into the existing service management operation and hit the ground running
- Flexible and broadly deployable, confident with technical disciplines and has a successful track record of leadership
- Ability and confidence to take ownership and is able to pick up some of the technical pieces as required
- ITIL V3 or V4 and ITSM would be beneficial - working knowledge would be acceptable
- Hands-on experience with Service Now or Service Anywhere
- Previous experience in an Incident Management and Problem Management.
Knowledge Management or CI/CD Management role would be good to have, but is not essential for this post.
Please call Megan on 02392 322352 for more information.
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Shipping Operator (Tankers)
- Principal Drainage/S278 Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Environmental Health & Safety Manager
- Sales Consultant
- Production Scheduler
- Contracts Manager / Project Manager
- Aircraft Technician
- Supply Chain Administrator
- Programme Planner
- Site Agent - Severn Trent
- Site Agent Thames Water
- Cyber Security Consultant
- Sales Manager - North & Midlands
- Contracts Manager - South West
- Surfacing Supervisor - South West
- Contracts Manager - Birmingham
- Quantity Surveyor (Highways)
- Site Engineer