Lecturer in Sports
A leading further education college group in Langley is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic candidate to join them as Lecturer in Sports on a temporary basis.
Their mission is to inspire ambition and make a positive difference to lives through learning.
They are keen to recruit talented individuals who are passionate about helping to deliver the highest standards of education and training to local people, communities, and businesses.
In return, they offer a supportive and inclusive working environment, where everyone's skills and ideas are valued and respected.
As Lecturer in Sports, you will be responsible of student learning, curriculum development, pastoral care, and administration.
Sharing your skills and knowledge developing and maintaining high levels of student retention and attendance.
This is an opportunity for a passionate individual who wishes to work in a stimulating environment and to inspire students.
This college is looking to arrange interviews for this position as soon as possible, so don't miss out! Attach your CV right away if you would like to discuss the role with a consultant!
Hours are: Monday - Friday - 8:30 - 17:00
Location: Langley, Slough
Salary: £22 per hour plus holiday pay
Start Date: 30/08/2022
Length: 30/09/2022 (Could be extended)
* Teaching across Level 1- 3 Sports course
* Acting as a Personal Tutor and mentor
* Effective delivery and management of a teaching programme within the areas of competence of the post holder paying due regard to student progression towards successful completion.
* Regular assessment of student progress and preparation of appropriate progress reports.
This will also include the development of assessment strategies to meet the learning objectives (asset out in Unit Guides) through the medium of ‘Schemes of Work'.
The recording and monitoring of student progress through effective evidence based tracking.
* Develop existing and/or new courses together with other members of the team/s.
* Provide accurate, timely data and information including registers, withdrawals, transfers, assessment, examination results, and progress reports.
* Maintain student morale and discipline inside and outside ‘the classroom' within the
*College site and in conjunction with College management.
The person & qualifications
* A degree or relevant vocational qualification
* Experience of teaching Sports within FE
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities.
If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills.
People are at the heart of everything we do.
We place people first.
We're more than a recruitment agency - we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we've got the right role for you.
With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits - your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position.
If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service.
The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process.
As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback.
If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.
More Jobs from Protocol
- ICT Lecturer
- Teaching Support Officer
- Learner Support Officer Supervior
- ESOL Lecturer
- Learning Support Assistants
- Computer Science Lecturer
- Spanish Tutor
- Teacher of Economics and Business
- Hairdressing Lecturer
- Teacher of Geography
- Residential Young Persons Apprenticeships Assessor
- Course Team Lead for Computing and IT
- Learning Support Assistants
- Specialist Support Workers
- Carpentry Assessor
- Catering Assistant
- Early Years Lecturer
- Electrical Installation Apprenticeship Skills Tutor
- Electrical HV/LV Trainer
- Learning Support Assistant (Sheffield)