Commercial Finance Analyst - Amazing FMCG Co
Finance Analyst, Up to £42,000 + 14% Bonus + Hybrid Working + Very Strong Benefits, Feltham, Middlesex, Lovely Blue Chip Company with amazing culture.
Overview of the Finance Analyst:
To provide business partnering and financial control of the Ireland and Retail divisions in the management of their in year Net Trade Sales (NTS) and Gross Profit (GP) in line with Business Objectives.
The Finance Analyst will work closely with the account teams and provide decision support, key analysis and reporting that drive financial insights, as well as financial control and management of NTS and GP.
Finance Analyst Duties:
- Month End Reporting: Prepare insightful reporting of performance, including KPI reporting, FX movements, Customer P&Ls and Finance Dashboards (detailed below).
Review monthly Gross to Net balance sheet for account accruals to ensure adequate cover, and have clear overview of FX management on the Balance Sheet.
Support month end reporting flexibly as required, including Ireland & Retail commentary on Year to Date performance and NTS and GP variances to Budget
- Ireland Reporting Support the Senior Analyst in preparing the monthly dashboard on Ireland accounts performance and provide commentary of key insights, including FX impacts and underlying performance
- Retail D2C Reporting Support the Senior Analyst in preparing the monthly retail dashboard, including individual store performance and LFL tracking, providing commentary of key insights
- Customer P&LS: support in the coordination of the Customer P&Ls
- Lead monthly financial account reviews of specific accounts within Ireland and Retail to ensure all risks and reserves in the Gross to Net and GP% have been identified - YTD and FY forecast and targets
- Provide insight and development of the accounts: Draw insight from data, helping the account teams understand the drivers of their financial performance.
Ensure that the account teams are receiving full financial support, regular challenge, insights and direct involvement in developing the account strategy
- Latest Estimate and Forecast Process: Understand sales and margin variances by specific accounts and support the sales team in modelling the in-year business performance
- Highlight potential improvements: Using day to day understanding of processes to highlight the potential improvements that could be made to the way we work.
The aim being to reduce complexity, time spent to deliver outputs, or improve outputs.
Work collaboratively with other analysts to drive synergies in processes across Retail and Ireland and Wholesale, utilising systems and driving automation wherever possible
- Be the finance lead or representative for relevant business projects as required: This could be around key business objectives for the year ahead or other adhoc business requirements
- Budget & Latest Estimates: Assist the Head of Finance and the FP&A function with the Budget and processes, ensuring NTS and GP accuracy of numbers for relevant channels and brands
- Ad-hoc reporting: Support Head of Commercial Finance as well as CFO with all ad-hoc reporting requirements
Ideal Exeperience/Background Needed:
- Studying towards CIMA or equivalent - possessing a broad knowledge of Finance techniques and practices
- Previous experience in Retail/FMCG desirable
- Good working knowledge of Excel, experience of accounting systems - SAP, TPM, Cognos and TM1 preferable
- Leadership - demonstrates a sense of ownership for his/her contribution to the business and proactively shares his/her perspective
- Communicates & Collaborates Effectively - communicates in an appropriate and timely way, building understanding by listening actively and asking the right questions
- Strategic Focus - works through complexity to understand root causes and is forward looking within area of responsibility
- Drive for Results - appropriately prioritises work and creates plans to deliver to tight deadlines
- Embraces Change - is open to, and generates new ideas and ways of doing things, supports change initiatives
- Customer Focus - takes ownership to resolve issues and utilises knowledge to meet customer needs
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: £40000 - £42000 per annum + + 14% Bonus + Great Benefits
- Location: Feltham, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Accountancy
- Recruiter: McGinley Support Services
- Contact: Trevor Lee
- Tel: 01932 230868
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-09-02 10:02:51 -
- View all Jobs from McGinley Support Services
More Jobs from McGinley Support Services
- 2nd Line Desktop & Network Support
- Remote Locum Prescribing Pharmacist
- Project Manager / Account Manager - 80% Home Working
- Head of Tech
- Supplier Assurance **SC Clearance Required**
- Development Team Lead
- Locum GP - Long Term Nottingham
- Site Engineer
- GP Out of Hours OOH in Basingstoke
- GP Locum in Ipswich
- Salaried GP in Somerset
- Senior Java Developer - Remote Working
- Senior Software Developer
- General Labourer
- Maintenance Supervisor - Reactive
- Continuous Improvement Project Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer - Days
- Maintenance Engineer