- The Principal Configuration Manager will be responsible for Major Project CADM activities and staff.
- Lead and develop a CM and Documentation Team across business units and sites for their Project.
- Ensure all Project Configuration Processes (CCB, ABCL, CIDL etc.
as required) are maintained, in collaboration with the Project PMO Team and the local CADM Team Leader.
- A Principal Configuration Manager may also be assigned to several projects and is expected to act as a team player in a shared workload environment within the CADM functional requirements and associated processes.
- Act as a focal point for Configuration Management for Projects/Site.
- Support Transnational Process and Tool Improvement activities as required.
- Occasional overseas Travel may be required.
- Day to day management of the configuration status of the Project.
- Managing the Project(s) workload and highlighting any perceived adjustments that might be required to the Local Team Lead or Department Head.
- Leading and managing Configuration and Documentation team members assigned to the project.
- Working closely with the Customer and Project ensuring the requirements are maintained without additional cost or impact to Project or Customer.
- Internal and external document/data management.
- Process and Control Project RFD/RFW, including reporting.
- Manage CCB activities and PDM tool administration as required.
- Creation and control of metadata
- Creation and management of relevant structures in PDM tool, across all domains affected
- Support & Train Project end users for all Configuration and Document issues
- Develop processes & Tool improvements to deliver efficient Business solutions within and without Projects
- Support to Local Team Leader as required
- Ensure the quality of document/data management as a prerequisite for good project configuration control.
- The Principal Configuration Manager is accountable for ensuring the correct registration and assignment in the Company Product Data Management (PDM) Tool, across all domains and containers for their responsible Projects
- Previous experience of Product Data Management tools (Windchill, Teamcenter….)
- Minimum 7-10 years Configuration Management experience in a technical or data management environment
- Experience of working with Customers in a CM Liaison role
- Experience in a sensitive data environment advantageous
- Technical knowledge
- Full Configuration Management knowledge in:
- Configuration Identification
- Configuration Structures (Assembly / Product etc)
- Baseline Management
- Change Management
- Status Accounting
- Previous experience of file/data management tools (Adobe, FTP, Nero…….)
- IT Literate with MS Office Tools
- Aerospace/Space Engineering background preferred
- Excellent communication/teamwork with all internal stakeholders
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Shipping Operator (Tankers)
- Principal Drainage/S278 Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Environmental Health & Safety Manager
- Sales Consultant
- Production Scheduler
- Contracts Manager / Project Manager
- Aircraft Technician
- Supply Chain Administrator
- Programme Planner
- Site Agent - Severn Trent
- Site Agent Thames Water
- Cyber Security Consultant
- Sales Manager - North & Midlands
- Contracts Manager - South West
- Surfacing Supervisor - South West
- Contracts Manager - Birmingham
- Quantity Surveyor (Highways)
- Site Engineer