JOB DESCRIPTION – SHIFT MANAGER
The function of the SHIFT MANAGER is to supervise the Operatives in their designated room/line to ensure that the production of all products within Blends Ltd, is carried out in accordance with Blends work instructions and hygiene standards.
The tasks of a SHIFT MANAGER are: –
- Ensure all work is carried out in a safe manner.
- Ensure efficiency targets are met in line with the Production Plan.
- Ensure line is clean and tidy at start-up and scales are checked with test weights and operating procedures are followed to allow correct fill weights to be achieved.
- Delegate jobs in the packing room and ensure staff rotation of packing jobs.
- Minimise waste and increase efficiency wherever possible.
- Ensure completion of production paperwork and ensure weights and codes have been recorded.
This should be done at regular intervals during production with weight recording dependent on the product being packed.
- In the case of glass packing, ensure that glass handling procedures are followed, and any breakages recorded, and glass disposal is to the correct glass bins using the correct colour coded equipment.
Technical to be alerted to any breakage which requires inspection of clean-up
- Check staff are wearing correct workwear, snoods if applicable and mob hats and are not carrying mobile phones.
- To record all required information on relevant documentation.
- To comply with company policy regarding personal hygiene.
- To work as requested on equipment/products and undergo training on a regular basis.
- Interact with fellow employees in a civil manner.
- To maintain working conditions and equipment to standards set by Blends.
- To comply with company policies and conditions relating to time keeping, break times, absenteeism, illness, and holiday leave etc.
- To carry out procedures which safeguard themselves and the health and safety of other staff.
- Ensure staff members are signed off against tasks as per training matrix
- Lead by example
- Develop skills of Team Leaders and staff members
- Develop a Continuous Improvement culture and lead lean workshops
- Ensure RTWs are carried out
- Carry out HR functions such as appraisals, performance management, disciplinaries etc.
- Ensure changeovers are completed within necessary timings
- Communicate effective and thorough handovers between shifts
- Ensure staff are motivated to achieve all targets
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to follow instructions
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good verbal, numeracy, and communication skills
- Able to delegate workload within team
- Flexible approach
The SHIFT MANAGER is accountable to the Production Manager.
When absent from work, cover will be provided by a designated member of staff.
The UK has now left the European Union.
Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.
Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications.
For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss
More Jobs from PROMAN
- Account Manager
- Internet Carrier Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Welder / Fabricator
- Project Manager
- Fleet Planner
- Graduate Process Support Engineer
- Transport Administrator
- Line Technician
- Maintenance Engineer
- Warehouse Shift Manager
- Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer
- Payroll Admin
- Trainee Chemical Process Operator
- CNC Machine Operator
- Senior Test Engineer
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
- Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer