4Recruitment Services are seeking an Educational Psychologist to provide Assessments towards Psychological Advices for the statutory assessments for special educational needs.
The job purpose of the Educational Psychologist is to support the development, educational achievement and inclusion of all children and young people from 0-25 years of age by
- Giving advice about educational needs and difficulties
- Providing consultation, assessment, advice and intervention for Brighter Futures for Children, schools, parents and other agencies concerned with children and young people
- Carrying out preventative work with parents, teachers and other professionals
- Promoting improved outcomes for children and young people, based on holistic aspirations.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- To provide consultation, assessment, advice and intervention regarding the education, behaviour and well-being of children and young people aged 0-25, working in partnership with children, parents and teachers.
- To assist schools in developing effective approaches to meeting special educational needs.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of Brighter Futures for Children policy and practice in relation to children’s educational development and well-being, with particular regards to special educational needs.
- To write psychological advice, within specified timescales, for statutory assessments.
- Participate in service development activities within the Educational Psychology Service
- To contribute to research, training and project work in identified areas of need.
- To help develop effective working links with other professionals and partner agencies, working in aligned areas, to promote the co-ordination of services to children and families.
- To work in co-production with children, parents/carers and other professionals to plan and implement strategies for meeting children and young people’s developmental and educational needs.
- Post-graduate qualification in Educational Psychology, either Masters or Doctorate
- Registration, or eligibility for registration, with the Health & Care Professionals Council (HCPC)
- Experience of working as an Educational Psychologist, either as a trainee or qualified Educational Psychologist.
- Experience of working in a range of educational settings across the age range.
- Experience of working with other professionals within and beyond education services
- Knowledge of all aspects of educational psychology and its application in practice
- Knowledge of legislation relating to children and young people, Special Educational Needs and Disability and Mental Health
- Detailed knowledge of assessment procedures, effective analysis and reporting
- Enhanced DBS check
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices.
4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
More Jobs from 4Healthcare
- PCV Driver- Lewisham
- Telford and Wrekin Council - Benefit Assessment Officers (Customer service advisor)
- General Practitioner
- Housing Support Worker
- Enablement Support Worker
- Public Health Intelligence Analyst
- Accounts Payable Officer - Esher
- Human Resources Manager - Greenwich
- Homeless Service Manager
- Shift Maintenance Engineer
- Housing Advice & Early Intervention Officer - Catford
- Brokerage Officer - Islington
- Senior Team Manager - Homelessness & Prevention
- HR Systems and Information Officer - Solihull
- Senior IT Practitioner - Exeter
- Class 2 Driver
- Nursery Manager - Southend
- Senior Planner - Lambeth
- Principal Accountant - Liverpool
- Liverpool City Council Fostering - Recruitment & Assessment Social Worker