Production Team Leader
Production Team Leader
Shifts: 4 on 4 off/ 7am-7pm/7pm-7am/ nights rotation
- Ensure all work is carried out in a safe manner.
- Ensure efficiency targets are met in line with the Production Plan.
- Ensure line is clean and tidy at start-up and scales are checked with test weights and operating procedures are followed to allow correct fill weights to be achieved.
- Delegate jobs in the packing room and ensure staff rotation of packing jobs.
- Ensure packed products are the correct weight, have the correct codes and have secure caps.
- To ensure that the correct number of bottles or cans are packed in the outer boxes.
- Minimise line stoppage, but in the event of a stoppage, delegate staff to cleaning the line and packing room.
- Minimise waste and increase efficiency wherever possible.
- At end of production run, ensure line filter is checked, line is cleaned, and all packaging covered and returned to store.
- Ensure completion of production paperwork and ensure weights and codes have been recorded.
This should be done at regular intervals during production with weight recording dependent on the product being packed.
Paperwork must be checked by the Team Leader at the end of production to ensure fill weights are correct.
- In the case of glass packing, ensure that glass handling procedures are followed, and any breakages recorded, and glass disposal is to the correct glass bins using the correct colour coded equipment.
Technical to be alerted to any breakage which requires inspection of clean-up
- Check staff are wearing correct workwear, snoods if applicable and mob hats and are not carrying mobile phones.
- To adhere to Health and Safety rules & regulations when carrying out General Operative tasks.
- To record all required information on relevant documentation.
- To carry out procedures which safeguard themselves and the health and safety of other staff.
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to follow instructions
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good verbal, numeracy, and communication skills
- Able to delegate workload within team
- Flexible approach
The UK has now left the European Union.
Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.
Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications.
For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss
More Jobs from PROMAN
- Project Engineer
- Assembly Operative
- CNC Miller
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- CNC Turner
- Sewing Machinist
- Account Manager - Logistics
- Account Manager
- Internet Carrier Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Welder / Fabricator
- Project Manager
- Fleet Planner
- Graduate Process Support Engineer
- Transport Administrator
- Line Technician
- Maintenance Engineer