UK Payroll Specialist - Hybrid Working
- UK Payroll Specialist - Hybrid working
- £34,400 - £41,000 per annum depending on experience
- 12 month contract starting ASAP
- Hybrid working - 2 days a week in Kingston-upon-Thames, 3 days working remotely
Working for a global FMCG company with fantastic culture and well-being we are looking for 2 experienced UK Payroll Specialists to join their team.
This is a hybrid working role working Wednesday and Thursday at their offices in Kingston-upon-Thames and 3 days working remotely.
It's an initial 12 month contract starting ASAP and paying up to £41,000 per annum depending on experience
The ideal candidate will have the following experience
- It is essential you have previous experience using Workday
- Experience and knowledge of SAP GlobalView will be a big advantage
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience of working in a large matrix environment
- You will be processing payroll for 6,500 employees both on a weekly and monthly payroll so we will be looking for candidates with similar size experience
- Experience working with 3rd party payroll vendors
UK payroll is responsible for paying approximately 6,500 employees in the UK, partnering with our third-party payroll provider to achieve this.
This role sits in the support team working between our payroll provider, HR, Pensions, Finance and our outsourced HR Services team to ensure payroll is processed accurately and on time for both our weekly and monthly payrolls.
UK payroll is a complex payroll landscape, including many senior employees and expats as well as collective agreement set ups.
Although the day to day payroll operations are outsourced to the payroll provider, the payroll specialist role is required to own and manage the end to end UK payroll process as well as communicating with various stakeholders on all matters relating to UK Pay.
- The role involves managing the end to end UK payroll process, from ensuring that starters, leavers and transfers are all processed correctly (from HR Systems into Payroll system), reviewing payroll instructions and results to signing off payment/payrolls and off cycle pay runs.
Working with stakeholders such as Pensions, Finance and third parties to allocate costs and outputs.
- The role holder will primarily be required to liaise with the payroll vendor to ensure smooth delivery of payroll services (supporting a weekly payroll and 3 types of monthly payroll), investigating and resolving queries and escalations for which our Payroll and HR are used extensively.
Additional activities will include:
, Responding to pay queries from People Experience Leads in the Payroll mailbox and resolving issues.
, Reconciling payroll data and carrying out rigorous checks to ensure the highest standards of pay data quality.
, Working with various HR, Global Mobility, and Global Reward teams to ensure that employee payroll data is correct and setup in time for cut off, as well as providing training and guidance to HR, GM or other stakeholders as needed.
, Responsible (together with payroll provider) for ensuring that UK tax and social security is correctly calculated and paid over to the authorities.
The Payroll team also needs to provide retroactive corrections to HMRC via the EYU process.
, Corresponding with HMRC and other third parties, working with our tax providers to provide all compensation data requests for our Global Mobility population on the UK payroll.
, Other ad hoc activities such as faster payment runs, tracking overpayments, ONS requests and checking the 3rd party payroll providers calculations.
The successful candidate will have the ability of inspiring success and leading by example to other team members (perm or temp) as well as training other team members as and when needed.
If you have the skills required for this role please do send your application in for immediate consideration - thank you for reading.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 12 months
- Rate: £18.25 - £21.75 per hour
- Location: Kingston upon Thames, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Accountancy
- Recruiter: McGinley Support Services
- Contact: Samantha Cole
- Tel: 07833 431159
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-10-18 15:52:12 -
- View all Jobs from McGinley Support Services
More Jobs from McGinley Support Services
- Site Manager
- Senior PHP Developer
- Head Developer
- Enterprise Architect
- Infrastructure Consultant
- Business Consultant
- Consultant Solution Architect
- Technical Consultant
- Cyber Security Consultant
- Business Consultant
- GP Salaried Banbury
- GP Salaried Bristol
- General Labourer
- Facilities Coordinator
- GP Salaried in Banbury
- Traffic Marshall
- Traffic Marshall
- GP Salaried Kirkby in Ashfield
- Product Manager - Lovely Technology Company