Panel Wiring Electrical Fitter
I am working exclusively with my Bedfordshire-based client, a leading manufacturer of electro-mechanical products serving a range of process-related industries, to find an experienced Electrical Panel Fitter / Wireman to join their in-house Engineering Team working hours of 08:00-16:30 Monday-Friday.
This is a very varied role with responsibilities including:
- Control Panels - to include (with supplied project drawings):
- Mechanical Layout of backplates (to include drilling and tapping, fixing and labelling of all components);
- Mechanical Layout of Control Panel Doors (to include all drilling, fixing and labelling of components;
- Electrical Wiring of Control Panels using supplied Schematics (to include wiring loom to door and all finishing/internal labelling);
- Ensure change control on any supplied drawings (i.e.
mark all corrections accurately on ‘For Construction' drawings).
- Junction Boxes - pre-wire/cable and install all parts and cabling subject to job requirements.
- Traywork - to complete the project cable tray route as per the drawings supplied to your own initiative.
- Field Wiring - to complete the field wiring from the control panel to all equipment utilising armoured cable and armoured glands.
- Testing - in collaboration with the project engineer, assist with testing and inspection at the end of projects.
- Project Completion - to include the finishing touches including cable marking and safety labelling then dismantling in an organised manner.
- Project Preparation - sorting orders as they arrive and labelling and marking boxes for each project.
- Stock Control - to have an awareness of stock levels and advise when running low on components and sundries.
- Keeping the Electrical Department tidy - to include organising the electrical stores and labelling/marking shelving for ease of stock control.
- There will be the need on some occasions for site work and working outside of normal hours we do not anticipate this to be a regular activity.
- There may be occasions where other items other than those detailed on the list will need to be undertaken for the business to deliver to schedule.
The electrical elements of most projects will involve designing of control panels, with majority of controls being relay logic with a small amount of PLCs.
The piping design and mechanical features are not very complex.
We invite applications from Electrical Fitters and Panel Wireman.
More information is available upon application.
When applying for this role, please indicate your current salary (plus benefits package), minimum salary required, notice period and your reasons for wishing to move from your current company.
Alliance Consulting is acting as an employment agency in this respect.
Alliance Consulting specialise in the placement of engineers throughout the UK.
By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database and/or in manual files for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment.
This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
By applying for this role you hereby consent to us submitting your CV to our client.
If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us.
Equally, if there are any companies that you do not wish your CV to be sent to (for whatever reason), then please let us know of this when you apply.
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: £26000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, pension, overtime available
- Location: Kempston, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: Alliance Consulting
- Contact: Dan Horne
- Tel: 01234 355326
- Fax: 01234 213750
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-10-19 13:29:55 -
- View all Jobs from Alliance Consulting
More Jobs from Alliance Consulting
- Service Account Representative
- CNC Machinist
- Technical Author
- Field Service Engineer
- NPI Project Manager
- Project Engineer NPI
- Electrical Fitter
- Channel Sales Engineer
- Engineering Manager
- Mechanical Fitter Assembler
- Sheet Metal Worker
- Customs Compliance Officer
- Wire Winder
- Stores & Logistics Operator
- Project Manager
- Office Administrator
- Senior Electronics Hardware Engineer
- Market Research Administrator