Senior Electronics Hardware Engineer
Senior Electronics Hardware Engineer
Based in Duxford, Cambridgeshire (less than 1 mile walk from nearest train station)
My client is a global leader in the design and manufacture of innovative electronic equipment serving a wide range of industries.
They are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Electronics Hardware Engineer to join their expanding in-house Engineering Team at their Cambridge office.
The successful candidate will play a leading role in contributing towards product strategy formulation and electronics hardware design, ensuring that all electronic systems are fit for purpose in terms of functionality, quality, cost and reliability.
This will include liaising with external suppliers and partners.
Based at their site in South Cambridgeshire (approximately 15 minute walk from the local train station), the successful candidate will be working simultaneously on projects: modifications and improvements to existing product ranges to suit individual customer requirements; and developing the next generation of products through NPD and NPI.
In return the company are able to offer a very attractive salary and benefits package, and further career progression opportunities in the future within this company's wider global organisation.
Additional key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Contribute to the formulation of product strategy.
- Define detailed requirements for new or enhanced hardware.
- Circuit design (creating/overseeing schematics and PCB layouts).
- Prepare/test/adapt prototypes.
- Define product documentation (specifications, BOMs, Change Notes, Concession Notes).
- Investigate and resolve product-related issues.
- Design verification.
- Support product approvals.
Applications are invited from experienced Hardware Engineers and Electronics Engineers, with a proven track record of successfully delivering products to market with involvement throughout the product lifecycle.
In addition, candidates should have the following:
- Experience of as many of the following as possible: radio technologies, microprocessors, embedded systems, mains power circuits, communication systems, lighting systems.
- Experience in electronic hardware design, environmental testing, EMC/safety/regulatory approvals and an appreciation of mechanical design.
- Experience of new product introduction, design for volume manufacture, manufacturing support and low-level software are desirable.
We are keen to find electronic and electrical engineers with a real passion for fine detail and a completer-finisher approach to design.
You will need to be self-motivated to solve problems independently, as well as the ability to work in a team.
More information available upon application.
When applying for this role, please indicate your current salary (plus benefits package), minimum salary required, notice period and your reasons for wishing to move from your current company.
Alliance Consulting is acting as an employment agency in this respect.
Alliance Consulting specialise in the placement of engineers throughout the UK.
By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database and/or in manual files for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment.
This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
By applying for this role you hereby consent to us submitting your CV to our client.
If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us.
Equally, if there are any companies that you do not wish your CV to be sent to (for whatever reason), then please let us know of this when you apply.
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: £40000 - £60000 per annum + benefits
- Location: Duxford, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Electronics
- Recruiter: Alliance Consulting
- Contact: Dan Horne
- Tel: 01234 355326
- Fax: 01234 213750
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-10-19 13:32:13 -
- View all Jobs from Alliance Consulting
More Jobs from Alliance Consulting
- Service Account Representative
- CNC Machinist
- Technical Author
- Field Service Engineer
- NPI Project Manager
- Project Engineer NPI
- Electrical Fitter
- Channel Sales Engineer
- Engineering Manager
- Mechanical Fitter Assembler
- Sheet Metal Worker
- Customs Compliance Officer
- Wire Winder
- Stores & Logistics Operator
- Project Manager
- Office Administrator
- Panel Wiring Electrical Fitter
- Market Research Administrator