Lead Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer
£41,674 - £46,342 + Bonus + Benefits
These qualities best describe employees who work for Ingevity.
We believe it takes extraordinary people to create extraordinary results.
At Ingevity, we harness the bold spirit, innate curiosity and remarkable ingenuity of our people to develop innovations that purify, protect and enhance the world around us.
Our products enable oil to flow better, crops to grow fuller, roads last longer, and ensure that the air we all breathe is cleaner.
The successful Lead Electrical & Installation Engineer will be responsible for carrying out electrical, control & instrumentation maintenance, supporting and fault finding on high hazard chemical systems and safety critical equipment such as SIL, ATEX, ESD and DCS in high hazard environments including MEWP.
As such, previous experience, in a similar hands-on analytical engineering role is required.
Due to the nature of the role some working at height and in flammable atmospheres is involved.
- To provide leadership in the management, planning and control of Electrical, Control & Instrumentation projects concerned with the implementation of new plant, processes, safety and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provide day to day technical support to the plant maintenance team for diagnosis and rectification of complex problems.
- To provide leadership in the upgrade and ongoing development of the site process control systems.
- Responsible for a portion of the ECI budget element within the maintenance and production functions with decision making authority <£5K.
- Capable of raising, carrying out and closing tasks in SAP to include purchase requisitions and costs reports to authority level.
- Responsible for leading, specifying, procuring equipment/resource and planning various small ECI Maintenance improvement projects and completing MOC documentation.
- Responsible for plant cover 24/7 from a day role as part of a call out rota and completing a reasonable amount of out of hours support.
- Represent the department in HAZOP function, providing support and expertise when required.
- Support all CAPEX activities on large scale from design, build or commissioning of equipment.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Minimum ONC or equivalent in electrical or industrial measurement and control engineering
- Excellent PC skills including PLC, DCS, ESD programming knowledge
- Experience with COMPEX
- Minimum 5 Years COMAH site experience
- HNC in electrical or industrial measurement and control engineering - desirable
- Knowledge of the following: other engineering disciplines, planning and scheduling, SAP, quality control, contractor control, project management of design and installation contractors - desirable
- Knowledge and experience of maintaining and calibration of complex analytical equipment - desirable
Our outstanding benefits package includes 27 days holiday (plus public holidays), an appealing contributory pension scheme, private medical insurance, employee assistance & well-being programme, plus a range of other subsidised benefits and employee value initiatives.
Along with the above, we provide and pride ourselves on our organisational culture and working environment - providing a people-centric, lifestyle-balance approach.
The work can be intense and incredibly fast-moving; however, we provide several great working practices and a fully supportive, employee-engaging and inclusive environment.
Interested? We thought you might be, and we're so glad you want to help us shape the future of Ingevity in the UK.
MaxAd Recruitment Ltd and Ingevity are working in partnership to source applications.
More Jobs from MaxAd Recruitment Ltd
- Clinical Support Specialist
- Midweight Designer
- Plant Service Engineer
- Production Engineer
- Senior Partnership Relations Executive
- Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Outreach Manager
- Client Service Executive
- Team Leader - Support, Advice, Mentoring & Advocacy
- Graduate Technical Officer
- Partnership Relations Executive
- Office Assistant
- 1st Line IT Helpdesk Support - 6 Week Contract
- Finance Officer - Part Time
- Regulatory Officer
- Family Support Worker
- Network Coordinator
- Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
- Client Service Executive
- Telesales Executive
- CAD Technician - Part Time