Job Title: Document Controller
Salary: £12-18 ph
Location: St Helens
Duration: 4-5 months, on a contract basis
We're looking for a talented Document Controller to work for our client.
If that's you then you could be exactly what they're looking for.
As the Document Controller you will be primarily responsible for supporting project delivery teams in the effective and efficient management and co-ordination of company, client, project and programme documentation.
In the job you'll be tasked with the following:
- Overseeing of document upload/build up in Business Management System/SharePoint
- Maintenance and ongoing folder structure development in SharePoint (including sorting, storing archiving and providing accessibility) and hard copy where required
- Co-ordination of Requests for Information and Technical queries
- Supporting departments with filing and retrieval of relevant documents
- Ensure latest revision of all documentation is made available on system timeously, and advised to all
- Support Project teams in day-to-day usage of SharePoint in terms of document uploads, editing, downloads, training and advise etc
- Develop and implement a programme of document download from client's portals if required
- Produce and review Document Control Procedures
- Support project teams in ensuring the smooth running of the screening and approvals process in terms of document issue
- Implement a plan of regular reviews of document storage in terms of location on SharePoint
- Working with Project Managers, co-ordinate the issue/approval and release of documentation
- Work with Office Manager to provide training on Document Management Systems
- Produce reports when needed of latest documents/drawings issued to Clients.
- Other additional tasks as required
The standard hours for this role are 8:30-17:00, 40 per week with a 30 min lunch
The ideal candidate for this Document Controller role will require a minimum of 3 years' experience in handling documentation
You will also need:
- Experience working with multi discipline teams in office and construction site environments
- Bright demeanour
- Good Communication Skills
- Excellent IT skills - with experience of using PowerPoint, excel, outlook, use of internet and document management systems eg.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Minimum of GCSE level in English and Maths
- A level standard education
Does that sound like you? If so, we'd love to see your CV.
Basic salary: £12-18 ph
The company works continuously to build a truly diverse and inclusive culture.
They welcome and encourage candidates from all aspects of diversity to apply for this role.
Interested? If you think you're right for this Document Controller role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.
More Jobs from GPW Recruitment Services
- Transport Coordinator/Planner (Maternity Cover)
- Mechanical Engineer
- Project Managerk
- Project Manager
- Project Manager – CHP / Power Generation
- Service Planning Coordinator
- Civil Project Manager
- Maintenance Electrician
- Maintenance Electrician / Electrical Craftsperson
- CNC Turner Programmer and Operator
- Electrical Design Engineer
- Assembly Operative
- Electrical Supervisor
- Project Manager - Fit Out & Refurbishment Works
- CNC Punch/Press Setter
- Site Manager
- Production Operator
- Warehouse/FLT Operative