Floating Support Worker
JOB TITLE: Floating Support Worker
CONTRACT TYPE: Temp
WEEKLY HOURS: 37 Hours
WORK PATTERN: Mon-Fri (9am-5pm)
The Community Navigator is responsible for the delivery and review of individual positive, outcome-focused support packages for customers of community-based services.
The Community Navigator will ensure all support is person-centred, helping customers to maximise their independence.
Community Navigators will work as part of a staff team that is committed to ‘best practice' in the supported housing field.
The role involves agile working across a defined geographical area.
- Provide a high-quality housing-related support services to customers in a community setting, which may include their own homes, local cafes, libraries and community centres.
Work as part of a multi-disciplinary staff team and meet the requirements of a rota system to ensure flexible support is available to customers.
Deliver a ‘best practice' support service, appropriate to customer needs.
- Ensure the delivery of individual personalised support packages, reflective of different customer needs, including culture and diversity issues.
Day-to-day delivery housing-related support may include life skills development, tenancy sustainment, health and wellbeing, signposting to appropriate agencies, and maximising independence.
Knowledge of ‘best practice' in both crisis intervention, and person-centred support working.
- Undertake assessments of referred customers, working with them to identify the most appropriate housing and support solutions for their needs.
Ensure customers have access to relevant external support services.
Work with customers to agree and set goals and actions through person-centred support planning.
- Meet clearly defined customer outcome targets through key working, support plans, risk assessments and other interventions.
Support customers to develop employability skills and access relevant opportunities for education, training, employment and volunteering.
- Experience of working with vulnerable customer groups e.g.
People at risk of homelessness, individuals with learning disabilities and/or those with mental health needs.
- Experience of delivering structured, person-centred support in either housing or social care.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary staff team and meeting the requirements of a rota system, ensuring support is available across all schemes in the cluster.
Actively involved in team meetings and attend regular supervisions.
Working with colleagues to ensure key performance indicators (e.g., voids and arrears) are being met.
- To demonstrate IT Skills to include a basic proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel as well as a willingness to learn specific IT systems used within Riverside; and complete relevant IT training where required.
Also, will be required to go through an enhanced DBS check.
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Financial Controls Manager
- Head of Send
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- Vinyl Floor Layer
- Transport Policy Officer
- Speech and Language Therapist
- Building Surveyor
- Reignite Social Work with Service Care Solutions
- Senior Planning Officer
- Adult Social Care Solicitor
- Principal Planning Officer
- Personal Assistant
- Pa To Head Of Service
- Housing Needs Officer