IT Support Technician
IT Support Technician - Technical 2nd Line Support
Location: Barnstaple, Devon
Salary: £29,300 - £32,500 DOE
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
We are looking to recruit an IT Support Technician to join our clients busy IT Team.
As a technical 2nd Line Support, you will be responsible for the logging, triage, resolution or escalation of all issues reported to the IT Service Desk, as well as the execution of colleague requests and tasks to maintain business as usual or project activities that require the intervention of, or support from the 2nd line.
Your role will help add value to their business by supporting and improving the availability and deployment of technical solutions across their business.
As a key support in the business, you will be able to deliver a high standard of customer care to users and be able to communicate and follow up pro-actively and effectively.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
* Resolving, triaging, or escalating incidents or requests assigned to the team from on site and remote staff.
* Monitoring functionality of Core Systems such as Network and Infrastructure to support 99.9% availability during business hours.
* Ensuring all incidents and requests are accurately and continually updated in the Service Desk tool, including technology supplier engagement in regard to technical consultancy and problem resolution.
* You will have extensive practical experience of a number of IT areas; Network fundamentals; Infrastructure - Windows Server 2008-2019; Desktop hardware (Windows 7, 10 Desktops and laptops); Application support; Active Directory; ITILS; Office 365 and Azure AD system administration.
* You will have a proven analytical approach to troubleshooting.
* You will be a good communicator and able to relate technical issues to users either through web chat, in person or on phone.
* 27 days holiday plus bank holidays,
* 7% Employer contribution Pension,
* Cash Plan of up to £1400 per year,
* Employee Assistance Programme (EAP),
* Health & Wellbeing Support,
* Family Friendly Policies,
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Salary: £29,300 - £32,500 per annum depending on experience
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Pastry Chef /Chef De Partie
- Sous Chef
- Umbraco .NET Web Developer
- .Net Web Developer (C#)
- Trade Finance Officer
- Early Years Practitioner
- Accounts Manager (personal / corporate tax)
- VAT Manager
- HGV Mechanic/HGV Technician
- Vehicle Technician / Mechanic
- Project Architect
- Grounds Maintenance Assistant
- Care Assistant
- Architectural Technologist / Technician
- Contracts Manager (Ground Maintenance)
- Operations Manager (Fencing & Landscaping - Housebuild)
- Senior R&D Tax Consultant