Maintenance Electrician / Electrical Craftsperson
Time served / Apprentice trained Maintenance Electrician / Electrical Craftsperson is required for permanent position for a Manufacturing company in the Bury / Whitefield area.
Rate of pay is £19.35/hr PAYE incl.
shift allowance (likely earnings to be circa £50k - £60k incl.
regular O/T) plus benefits (see below).
The successful candidate will be working a 4 week rotating, continental shift pattern, average of 42 hours/week (12 hour days & 12 hour nights, with 7 consecutive days off in a 4 week rotation).
The ideal candidate will have prior experience of working in an industrial manufacturing environment and be familiar with three phase / 440v, single phase and DC control systems (incl.
motor and heating), industrial electrical installations and industrial manufacturing machinery.
- Hourly Rate: £19.35 incl.
shift allowance (weekly paid).
- Regular overtime readily available, likely earnings to be £50-60k pa
- 33 days holiday allowance (6 hrs / half days can be taken)
- Life assurance
Continental shift pattern across 4 weeks - 12 hours shifts (Days 6am - 6pm & Nights 6pm - 6am)
4 week shift rotation example:
Week1: 1D, 3N, 3 OFF
Week2: 1 OFF, 3D, 3 OFF
Week3: 4 off, 3N
Week4: 4 off, 3D
Week5: 1D, 3N, 3 OFF
And so on.
The successful Maintenance Electrician / Electrical Maintenance Technician / Industrial Electrical Craftsperson day to day duties will include:
- Diagnose and repair electrical problems on industrial and occasional domestic electrical systems - Including 3 phase motor control, DC motor control and Siemens control systems
- Assess the parts needed for a job
- Conduct routine preventative maintenance and testing
- Rewire faulty electrical systems
- Ensure good quality workmanship which upholds company standards and complies with industrial codes and follows safety requirements
- Ability to work alone and also work within a team
- Install electrical systems to 17th / 18th edition regs.
The ideal Maintenance Electrician / Industrial Electrical Craftsperson will have the following experience, skills and characteristics:
- Completed relevant maintenance engineering apprenticeship i.e.
NVQ L3 / C&G L3
- Recent experience as an Electrical Maintenance Engineer in a manufacturing environment.
- Relevant electrical engineering qualification and knowledge of current electrical wiring regulations 17/18th
- Good working knowledge Three phase, single phase and DC control systems - including motor and heating
- Able to follow relay ladder logic wiring diagrams
- Industrial Electrical installation experience.
- Basic understanding of mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulics repairs
- Able to work under pressure, work safely, excellent problem solving skills, attentive and a logical thought process.
- Ability to read electrical drawings
- Good communicational skills (Oral, Reading & Writing), able to communicate at all levels.
- HNC or higher Electrical Engineering qualification (desirable)
- Testing and Inspection with PAT - (desirable)
- Basic knowledge of a PLC's / Siemens control system - recognition of Inputs and Outputs (desirable)
- Basic knowledge of variable speed drives AC/DC (desirable)
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: Industrial Electrician, Electrical Craftsperson, Electrical Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Electrician, Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer / Technician, Shift Engineer, Electrical Field Service Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Multi-Skilled Engineering Technician.
Key Words: Maintenance Electrician, Electrical Craftsperson, Electrical Maintenance Engineer, Industrial Electrician, Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Timeserved, Apprenticeship, 3 phase, single phase, PLC's, Siemens, Control Systems, Motors, Drives, 17th / 18th Edition, Fault Finding, Industrial Engineering, Heavy Engineering, Lean, Manufacturing, Production, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Mechanical, Permanent, Conti Shifts, Nights, Bury, Bolton, Rochdale, Oldham, Stockport, Manchester, Lancashire,
The successful Electrical Maintenance Engineer / Maintenance Electrician will need to be flexible as there will be a requirement work additional hours as and when the business requires and other duties not mentioned in this job description.
You will also have the relevant qualifications and experience, be self-motivated / pro-active, able to work under pressure, well organised, analytical, logical, able to communicate at all levels, work alone and also as part of a team.
If you are interested in Maintenance Electrician / Industrial Electrical Craftsperson role and meet majority of the above criteria please click on the apply now button
- Rate: £40001 - £60001 per annum + Shift Allowance, Pension, Life Assurance
- Location: Whitefield, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: GPW Recruitment Services
- Contact: Kris Barron
- Tel: 0845 330 1111
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-11-23 12:18:22 -
- View all Jobs from GPW Recruitment Services
More Jobs from GPW Recruitment Services
- Design Engineer
- Operations Manager (Calibration)
- Solidworks Designer
- Manufacturing Improvements Co-Ordinator
- Workshop Operative
- 2nd Line Support Engineer
- Bid Co-Ordinator
- Sales Office Administrator
- Quality Engineer
- Customer Service Representative
- Regional Field Maintenance Engineer - London / Kent area
- Laser and Press Brake Programmer Operator
- Project Manager
- Project Manager
- HR Coordinator
- Design Engineer
- Mechanical Fitter
- Panel Wirer
- Commercial Estimator
- Trainee Purchaser