HR Manager - Greenwich
HR Manager – Greenwich (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £30.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
The HR Manager will be the key advisor to Heads of Service and Assistant Directors or to Headteachers and Governing Bodies in schools.
The role is part strategic and part operational.
They will manage the work of the rest of the advisers, overseeing the allocation of case work, supervising advisors and ensuring that the Council’s people management targets are achieved at an operational level.
The HR Manager will work collectively with the Trainee HR Manager to manage the staff resources within their HR grouping (Social and Care Services / Corporate and Core Services) as a pool of generic staff along with being a generic group in their own right.
This means that although they may specialise in understanding one department’s work, work will allocated on a needs basis, rather than to a department.
This will allow the whole groups to work on a single project for one department while advisors work on individual employee cases.
- Lead the delivery of high quality, customer focussed advice and guidance to managers on all HR issues.
- Personally deliver high quality professional HR advice, to Senior Managers, and Assistant Directors, or to Headteachers and Governing Bodies in schools.
- To work with Management Teams to understand business needs within a specific Directorate or School in order to identify HR solutions to meet those needs and requirements, to ensure that RBG ‘gets the best’ from its staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To lead work with members of HR management team to gauge an understanding of the perception of the performance of HR activities in a specific directorate in order to identify areas for development.
- Will provide the lead on complex casework in order to support service managers in resolving issues within reasonable timescales e.g.
investigations, disciplinary, performance and absence cases.
- Will lead on all Employment Tribunals; supporting managers throughout the process.
- Act as “Expert” point of reference for organisational change management to develop and implement appropriate HR solutions in the management of organisational change to meet organisational requirements
- To assess “people” implications of organisational change e.g.
organisation design, job design, structural and cultural aspects of change, recruitment implications, learning & development implications and ER aspects of change.
- Will typically lead on most complex, high-risk organisational change projects acting as point of reference/coach for more junior members of team
- To lead on the development of specific HR projects/policies/initiatives in line with the People Strategy and Service Development Plan.
- To be responsible for the project management of all HR activity focused within a specific Directorate or School to ensure that expectations are met.
- Will take personal responsibility for ensuring their knowledge, skills and on-going continuing professional development is kept up to date to reflect changes in employment law and practice
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices.
4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact email@example.com
More Jobs from 4Healthcare
- Resourcing Administrator - Barnet
- Mobile Gardener
- Outreach Housing Support Worker
- Senior Community Outreach Worker
- Retirement Living Assistant
- Homeless Support worker
- Mobile Gardener
- Payroll and Pension Consultant - Twickenham
- Governance Officer - Derby
- Recruitment Resourcer - East London
- Personal Advisor - Aftercare Team - Oldham
- General Practitioner
- Maintenance Operative
- Resolution Centre Operative - Southampton
- Licensing Enforcement Officer - Harrogate
- Missing Project Worker - Ashton Under Lyne
- Family Support Worker (Missing from Home) - Bury
- Multiple Programme Leader
- Maintenance Electrician