Permanent - Band 5 - Occupational Therapist - Birmingham
Maxximas permanent team are recruiting for an Occupational Therapist based in North Birmingham.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a local authority in the heart of the West Midlands, providing integrated acute and community Healthcare to a population of 260,000 residents.
As an Occupational Therapist, you will rotate evey 5 months, learning 9 different clinical areas.
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Hours: 37.5 hours a week
Whats in it for you?
- Salary: Band 5
On a typical day you will:
- Perform Occupational Therapy assessment of patients with diverse presentations and complex conditions, to provide analysis, findings and delivery of individualised treatment programmes.
- Hold responsibility for own caseload working without direct supervision.
Supervision takes the form of regular formal training and clinical reasoning sessions, review of cases and the clinical intervention, peer review and case conferences.
Advice and support from colleagues and a Team Lead Occupational Therapist is available and clinical work is routinely evaluated.
- Undertake all aspects of clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner.
- Undertake evidence based audits to evaluate teams clinical practice.
To make recommendations, this may result in the implementation of changes to practice or contributing to service protocols.
- Work with other professions in order to facilitate safe and effective treatment and management.
- Supervise, educate and assess the performance of undergraduate Occupational Therapy students.
- Delegate duties to more junior staff and use resources effectively.
What will you need to succeed in this role?
- Diploma/Degree in Occupational therapy
- HCPC registration
- Demonstrates highly developed specialist, advanced practitioner skills gained through post graduate courses and extensive post qualified experience working with adults with stroke illness and other neurological deficits
- Practical experience of supervising qualified and unqualified OT staff
- Practical experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Extensive experience of working as an autonomous OT practitioner within a health or social care setting.
- Current experience as an accredited fieldwork educator for Occupational Therapy students
What are the next steps?
If the role sounds like the perfect fit for you, please apply now.
If you are interested in registering with us, would like to know more about this position or simply
discuss any other opportunities we have, we would love to hear from you.
Feel free to contact Luke Killeen on 02081380928 or email Luke.Killeen@maxximagroup.com
We know you'll love working with us, and so would your friends.
So why not introduce us and earn
some extra money in the process?
The way it works is simple: if you introduce candidates who are not previously known to Maxxima
and we are successful in placing them, we will pay you up to £1,500.
More information regarding
referrals can be found on our website.
The minute you register with us we make it about one thing: you.
The first time we talk you'll realise
we know your speciality inside out.
Our expert recruitment consultants are here to find you the very best opportunities and help you
every step of the way in securing the greatest placement.
We hold preferred or sole supplier status
with many clients which means you'll have access to a range of opportunities that can't be found
Maxxima is proud to be an equitable, diverse, and inclusive employer, if you require any reasonable
adjustment or support during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this
at the earliest opportunity by contacting our team.
With this information, we will provide
appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.
Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job
responsibilities are subject to change.
This job advert may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole
or in part, by third-party websites, without prior written consent.
More Jobs from Maxxima Group
- Band 7 MRI Radiographer-Wolverhampton
- Band 7/8A-Clinical Trials Pharmacist-London
- BAND 7 MRI Radiographer-Hampshire
- Band 3-Pharmacy Assistant-Basildon
- BAND 7 CT RADIOGRAPHER-Hampshire
- Occupational Therapist
- B6 Invasive Cardiac Physiologist - St Barts
- Band 7 CT Radiographer-London
- Band 6 General Radiographer-London
- B7 MRI Radiographer SBH/RLH-London
- 2x Band 6 Pharmacist - London
- Band 7/8a Pharmacist - Blackpool
- Discharge Facilitator OT
- Occupational Therapist
- Pharmacist- Oxford
- Band 4/5 Pharmacy Technician - Preston
- Band 7 Pharmacist - HMP Berwyn
- Senior ICU Staff Nurse - Permanent - London
- ICU Charge Nurse - Permanent - Central London