Desktop Support Engineer
We are looking to hire a skilled desktop support engineer to assist our clients with computer hardware and software issues.
You will be required to work on-site or via remote connection and assist with hardware installations, software upgrades, systems integrations, and basic IT-related issues.
To ensure success as a desktop support engineer, you should have extensive knowledge of home and office systems, good problem-solving skills, and high-level interpersonal skills.
A top-class desktop support engineer provides fast and effective support for clients experiencing basic hardware and software issues.
Reporting To - Head of Human Resources
The successful candidate will be required to
- Responding to client support requests.
- Contacting clients to find out the nature of the problem.
- Traveling to the client's location or connecting via a remote link.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Installing and maintaining hardware and computer peripherals.
- Installing and upgrading operating systems and computer software.
- Troubleshooting networking and connection issues.
- Advising on software or hardware upgrades.
- Providing basic training in computer operation and management.
- Completing job reports and ordering supplies.
The successful candidate should be able to provide demonstrable evidence.
- Proven work experience as a desktop support engineer or support technician.
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware systems, chipsets, memory modules, and peripherals.
- Knowledge of popular operating systems, software applications, and remote connection systems.
- Ability to solve complex hardware and software issues.
- Ability to travel and work after hours when necessary.
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Facilities Manager - Essex
- Supply Chain Manager
- Supply Officer
- Analytical Chemist
- Credit Controller
- Project Manager - Surface Ships
- Digital Hardware Engineer
- Health and Safety Consultant (Midlands)
- Admin Assistant
- MoD Technical Service Manager
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- IT Support Engineer (Network)
- Head of Procurement
- Mechanical Engineer
- Project Manager
- Deputy Head (Performance, Planning & Data Insights)
- Talent Programme Manager- 5222888
- Supply Planner