A leading designer and manufacturer of specialist safety solutions for electrical equipment used in hazardous areas, serving a global client base across a wide range of industries, is seeking to appoint an experienced Technical Author or Technical Writer to join their in-house Team.
This is an exciting time to be joining them as they are continuing to expand their core product ranges including NPI, integrating technological developments, responding to an ever-evolving regulatory environment, and the ongoing development of bespoke solutions to meet specific customer needs.
- To write and produce the required technical documents from a specification.
- Updating and maintaining a library of technical terminology and documentation (manuals and guides) on the company website to ensure all information remains relevant.
- Collaborate with various departments to clarify any technical/documentation issues
- Work with external translators to get documents and wording translated in another language.
- To help, advise, train and support company personnel in documentation procedures as required.
- Ensure that the company's quality procedures are followed, and documents comply with the defined standards.
- Maintaining excel spreadsheets and pivot tables for analysis
- Creating reports from our Operations system and Access databases
- Maintaining Access Databases
- Act as a support for the Engineering Manager & Technical Director
- Any other duties or tasks as reasonably requested by Management, consistent with your skills and abilities and befitting your status within the company.
This role is being offered with a strong package including extensive benefits package, flexible hybrid working options, personalised personal development and training programme, offers an excellent opportunity to make your mark within a growing company, have direct input and influence over developing the next generation of products, and great career progression prospects within the organisation in the future.
Experience and abilities required:
- Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering degree or related experience
- At least 2 years of experience as a Technical Author or Technical Writer
- Experience of Hazardous Areas would be beneficial but not essential
- Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
- All applicants must have the right to work in the UK
When applying for this role, please indicate your current salary (plus benefits package), minimum salary required, notice period and your reasons for wishing to move from your current company.
Alliance Consulting is acting as an employment agency in this respect.
Alliance Consulting specialise in the placement of engineers throughout the UK.
By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database and/or in manual files for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment.
This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
By applying for this role you hereby consent to us submitting your CV to our client.
If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us.
Equally, if there are any companies that you do not wish your CV to be sent to (for whatever reason), then please let us know of this when you apply.
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: £40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, pension, flexible hours, hybrid
- Location: Sunbury-On-Thames, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: Alliance Consulting
- Contact: Dan Horne
- Tel: 01234 355326
- Fax: 01234 213750
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-01-03 16:03:26 -
- View all Jobs from Alliance Consulting
More Jobs from Alliance Consulting
- Contract Mechanical Design Engineer
- Manual Machinist
- Service Account Representative
- Engineering Manager
- Product Manager
- Senior Electronics Hardware Engineer
- Sheet Metal Worker
- Mechanical Fitter Assembler
- Electrical Fitter
- Project Engineer NPI
- NPI Project Manager
- CNC Machinist Programmer
- Service Account Representative
- Mechanical Design Team Leader
- Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- CNC Machinist
- Field Service Engineer
- Channel Sales Engineer
- Customs Compliance Officer