Mach Recruitment are currently looking for Mechanical Engineers to be based at a client site in Corby.
We will be looking for you to be able to demonstrate:
• The position requires an effective engineer with substantial experience in Service Centre or manufacturing activities.
The engineer should be qualified to ONC or City & Guilds Mechanical or ONC or City & Guilds Electrical.
• Demonstrable experience of a relevant engineering discipline, continuous improvement processes, preventative maintenance techniques and dealing with contractors.
• Ability to demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills and be computer literate.
The ability to work without close supervision, yet under pressure and to tight timescales is essential.
• A knowledge of and ability to apply Continuous Improvement techniques.
Main duties will be:
• To support the department in the development and implementation of processes which comply with the H&S management System.
• Ensure that own and team operations, including those undertaken on the Company's behalf by third party service providers, are conducted in manner which fully complies with UK & I Health & Safety, quality, environmental and corporate policies.
• Perform local risk assessments of the work area and job in hand prior to performing all maintenance activities.
Ensure appropriate actions are implemented in order to eliminate risk.
• To ensure the client control system is fully implemented and that High Risk Permits are raised for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Party engineers where required.
• Working to planned schedules perform planned maintenance activities in line with documented / engineering practices.
Maintain and repair processing machinery and ancillary equipment in line with documented / engineering practices in a safe and productive manner in order to maximise availability at optimum cost.
• Give feedback to the Maintenance planning function regarding issue / root cause / emerging work
• Ensuring clear and concise records are maintained in order trends can be determined and corrective actions identified.
• Through utilisation of the SHIRE system ensure engineering spares and inventory on site are managed within budget constraints and equipment downtime is minimised.
• Facilitate optimal performance by working flexibly within the team and the context of the site, undertaking maintenance at short notice.
More Jobs from Mach Recruitment Limited
- Production Operative Nights
- VW LCV Technician(Nottingham)
- VW LCV Technician(Stoke on Trent)
- VW Mobile LCV Technician(Stoke on Trent)
- VW LCV Technician(Glasgow)
- Ford LCV Technician(Halesowen)
- Workshop Controller(Glasgow) - Weekends
- Workshop Controller(Glasgow)
- Purchase Ledger (Derby)
- Warranty Manager (Automotive)
- Assistant Accountant (Derby)
- HGV Mechanic(Hereford)
- HGV Mechanic(Gloucester)
- HGV Mechanic(Avonmouth)
- HGV Mechanic(Warwick)
- HGV Mechanic
- HGV Mechanic
- HGV Mechanic(Chester)
- Multi-Skilled Engineer (Cold Storage Facility)
- HGV Mechanic (Days or Nights available)