Director of Operations
Director of Operations
Location: York (Hybrid Working after 6 months)
Salary: £37,500 - £40,000 dependant on experience + Excellent Benefits
We have the unique opportunity for a Director of Operations to join the charity on a permanent basis.
The role is 37.5 hours per week, hybrid working will be considered after completion of a 6-month probationary period.
Our client is a well-established charity with the aim of providing quality, affordable childcare within the City of York and providing assisted childcare places to those who require it.
They have multiple nurseries which provide full and part-time day care for children in the 6 weeks to 5 years age group.
They also provide support to a number of 'not for profit' Out of School clubs in the York area.
The Director of Operations (DO) is the most senior role within the charity providing leadership and having responsibility for the companies Childcare's administration and financial management.
Working closely with the Board of Trustees, the OM will develop the organisation's long-term strategy, budget and business plan, and ensure it complies with the law and all regulations (Charitable, Legal, Childcare).
Acting as the public face and ambassador of the organisation, the DO will build relationships with key stakeholders.
The DO will play a key role in motivating and engaging staff, volunteers, beneficiaries and grant making organisations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Prepare a strategic plan and annual budget for approval by the Board in consultation with the charities Childcare Accountant
* Deliver the organisation's business plan and ensure that charities Childcare develops strategies which promote environmental sustainability.
* Operate within the annual budget and ensure management and HR policies are up to date
* Help to ensure a sustainable income working with the Nursery Managers and the charities Childcare Business Management Team (the Specialist Services Manager, the Business Manager, the HR Manager) to monitor and maintain the financial viability of the nurseries and Out of School Support Service
* Recruit and work with the charities Childcare Business Management Team and the Nursery Managers to ensure effective management throughout the organisation
* Establish and monitor key indicators of the organisation's impact and financial health
* Maintain awareness of risks and changes in the external environment that affect the organisation
* Build an effective working relationship with the Management Board and be accountable to Trustees.
Support the Management Board with ongoing recruitment of new trustees with appropriate skills
* Work collaboratively with the SSM to maintain awareness of matters impacting out of school clubs who contract with YC
* Supply regular reports to the Management Board and attend Board and sub-committee meetings
* Ensure the organisation's staff are focused on achieving its mission and aims
* Ensure the organisation fulfils its legal, statutory and regulatory responsibilities working with the Accountant and company auditors
* Establish mechanisms for listening to the views of staff, parents/carers and children on the organisation's performance
* Represent the organisation to the media and give interviews where require
* Proven business management experience
* Proven team leadership and line management experience - providing vision, motivation, inspiration and direction
* Be able to demonstrate strong strategic thinking
* Experience of gathering, analysing, interpreting and reporting complex data/information
* Actively champions respect, inclusivity, equality and diversity
* Communicates to engage and influence others
* Identifies and implements continuous improvement
* A degree in business management or equivalent
* Previous experience working in childcare or education
* Knowledge of Early Years education and awareness of childcare regulations (OFSTED/EYFS)
* A childcare qualification
* Knowledge of charity structures and governance
Important Information: We endeavor to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
- Rate: £37500 - £40000 Per Annum
- Location: York, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Education
- Recruiter: Additional Resources Ltd.
- Tel: 0845 450 6635
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: HAL/AR/060396
- Posted: 2023-01-30 17:59:36 -
- View all Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Strategic Network Manager - Education/Academic Sector
- Chef De Partie
- Construction Solicitor - Min 3 PQE
- Senior Sous Chef
- Commis Chef
- Commercial Solicitor NQ-2PQE
- Corporate M&A Lawyer
- Commis Chef
- Waitress / Waiter
- Family Solicitor / Lawyer - 2 Years PQE
- Structural Technician
- Civil Engineer
- Graduate Structural Engineer
- Structural Engineer
- Assistant Room Manager - Baby room
- Chef De Partie / Senior Chef De Partie
- NVQ level 2/3 Nursery practitioner
- Electro-Mechanical Production Assembly & Test Engineer
- Buyer (3-6-month contract)
- Sales Administrator - 9 month contract