Head of Procurement
We are looking for a Head of Procurement to join a rapidly expanding designer and manufacturer of high-value capital equipment.
Within this growing team, the Head of Procurement will be overseeing a team of 5 buyers and will demonstrate supplier management and team leadership skills.
- Location: Whiteley, Hampshire
- Salary: £55,000-£60,000 + bonus scheme and car allowance
- Work pattern: Permanent, full-time
, In charge of creating and carrying out the procurement strategy.
, Act as the procurement team's leader, inspiration, and support system.
, To work closely with the Operations team and Manufacturing Manager to ensure that parts are delivered to the production line on schedule.
, To do an exhaustive evaluation of the supply chain in order to include a wider variety of vendors to guarantee that rising demand can always be satisfied.
, To establish and maintain a connection with key suppliers to make sure that any possible problems are identified and resolved before having an impact on machine builds.
, Add value to the company by putting cost-cutting measures in place and making sure the company gets the most out of all capital spending.
, Regular travel to meet with UK-based suppliers.
, Occasional travel to meet with international suppliers.
Essential candidate criteria:
- Demonstrable experience in implementing change in the production of one-off, high-value projects.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Supplier relationship management.
- Strong negotiation and influencing ability.
If you interested in this position then please apply with your most up-to-date CV.
For more information, please contact Julian at Insignis Talent.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Rate: £50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
- Location: Fareham, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: STR Group Limited
- Contact: Julian Lewis
- Tel: 02392322358
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-02-02 15:24:54 -
- View all Jobs from STR Group Limited
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Software Verification & Validation Engineer (SC Cleared)
- Civil Engineer - Trackside
- Quality Assurance Specialist (Validation)
- Civil Engineer - Essex
- Facilities Manager - Essex
- QA Specialist
- Systems Performance Engineer
- Senior Systems Engineer - MBSE
- SC Cleared Integration and Validation Lead (Contract)
- Community & Operations Manager
- Manufacturing Support Co-Ordinator
- Site Electrical Engineer
- Bids Administrator
- Recruitment Trainer
- Experienced Recruitment Consultant
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment Consultant
- Project Leader
- M&E Engineer
- EHS Manager
- Shift Engineer