This job has been posted for more than 30 working days and has expired.
We are currently looking for a Buyer to join an established Procurement Team in order to support the company's current expansion goal.
He or she will be essential in helping the Supply Chain Manager and Senior Buyer carry out their daily duties so that supplies reach the Production facility on schedule and within budget.
- Location: Whiteley, Hampshire
- Salary: £26,000-£28,000
Essential candidate criteria:
- The candidate must have some prior experience working in both a manufacturing environment and a procurement environment.
- Will ideally have an apprenticeship or degree.
- Be familiar with Microsoft software.
- Be able to initiate strategies to cut costs and consistently seek out ways to make the purchase process and existing working procedures better.
- Be a smart, motivated person eager to advance their career in a quickly growing, prosperous, and established organisation.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- To expedite purchase orders daily or weekly.
- Issue purchase orders to meet needs determined via MRP.
- Advice on choosing preferred suppliers for the technical department when sourcing components.
- The sourcing and acquisition of raw materials for use by the business's internal machining operations.
- Create purchase orders for all consumables, consumables, stationery, and non-MRP requirements.
- To aid the Senior Buyer in advancing pending or overdue Purchase Orders.
- The creation of reports from the MIS system to help with decision-making in relation to suppliers' current and future order value status, among other things.
- To guarantee that weekly updates are made to the Purchase Order Memo Codes.
- To offer assistance as needed in processing supplier invoices.
- To answer incoming calls from outside parties and transfer or take messages as necessary.
If you find this opportunity of interest, please apply with your most up-to-date CV.
For more information, please contact Julian at Insignis Talent.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Location: Fareham, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: STR Group Limited
- Contact: Julian Lewis
- Tel: 02392322358
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-02-02 15:54:11 -
- View all Jobs from STR Group Limited
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Software Verification & Validation Engineer (SC Cleared)
- Civil Engineer - Trackside
- Quality Assurance Specialist (Validation)
- Civil Engineer - Essex
- Facilities Manager - Essex
- QA Specialist
- Systems Performance Engineer
- Senior Systems Engineer - MBSE
- SC Cleared Integration and Validation Lead (Contract)
- Community & Operations Manager
- Manufacturing Support Co-Ordinator
- Site Electrical Engineer
- Bids Administrator
- Recruitment Trainer
- Experienced Recruitment Consultant
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment Consultant
- Project Leader
- M&E Engineer
- EHS Manager
- Shift Engineer