HR Business Partner
HR Business Partner – Borehamwood, Hertfordshire
Location: Westgate Healthcare Head Office, Unit 3, Devonshire Business Park, Chester Road, Borehamwood, WD6 1NA
Salary: Up to £55,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
Job type: Full time, permanent
Annual leave: 25 days, plus bank holidays
Come and make a difference with the team at Westgate Healthcare! #CareWithUsAtWestgate
Westgate Healthcare is a family run, award winning care home provider.
We currently have 8 care homes across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex and East London, with plans to open more in the coming years.
Most of our care homes are currently rated as ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ by our regulator, the CQC.
We are now looking for a hands on and pro-active HR Business Partner, with a ‘can-do’ attitude who is flexible, highly organised, has good attention to detail and is great at using their initiative.
Applicants should have HR generalist and employee relations experience, excellent verbal and written communication skills and be computer literate with experience in using all Microsoft Office programmes.
The post holder will be expected to advise on all HR matters and will partner with our Home Manager's to support them with regards to people management and to assist them to manage day to day operational challenges with their team, such as sickness/absence, performance, employee engagement and rewards.
The HR Business Partner will be expected to pro-actively advise on and instigate best HR practice across the group.
This will require the post holder to be able to multi-task and work independently and efficiently.
They will be expected to work with the Head of People to improve the operational HR functions in the Company, manage and advise on employee relation cases (in conjunction with the Company’s dedicated third-party HR advisor's), ensure robust HR compliance checks across the care homes in line with regulatory and legislative requirements, work with the HR team to maintain a culture of learning and development and monitor KPI’s (such as staff turnover, retention and sickness/absence levels).
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about learning and progressing their career, and who will work in line with our core goals of having a motivated and satisfied staff team.
About the role:
- Be the first point of contact for all HR queries and escalate appropriately depending on the query raised
- Manage all employee relations cases (including investigations, performance management, disciplinary cases and grievances)
- Provide HR support as required and work with the HR team to ensure HR databases are accurate and up to date
- Assist the Head of People with both administrative and strategic elements of the role and take responsibility for certain areas and projects, such as reporting on Group KPI’s (e.g.
sickness, turnover and retention), development of the HR systems, updating HR processes and auditing work to ensure that all homes are compliant
- Work with the Head of People to ensure that the Group is meeting the required regulations in all aspects of HR as set by the regulators, particularly the Care Quality Commission
- Provide training and mentorship to Home Managers to ensure that they have the skills and knowledge to effectively manage their staff teams
- Support the Head of People to implement the HR strategy in areas such as employee engagement, recruitment, performance management, absence and holiday management, training and development, succession planning and talent management
- Regularly review and update HR policies and procedures, including documents such as the Employee Handbook and employee contracts
This position will be based at our modern offices in Borehamwood, but will require regular travel to all our care homes across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex and London.
A car-driver is therefore essential.
- The right to live and work in the UK (please note, sponsorship is not available)
- A Level educated or equivalent, and possess a full CIPD HR qualification, or higher HR qualification
- Previous HR generalist experience and independent management of complex employee relation cases
- Previous HR experience in the care sector is essential to be considered
- Have an up to date understanding of employment law
- Be assertive, flexible, responsive to daily operational changes, and driven to deliver on agreed outcomes
- Have strong attention to detail and the ability to independently write comprehensive reports and letters, create documents for business use and work with Microsoft packages to include Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to effectively engage with a range of stakeholders
- Good people skills with a strong people focus
- Able to meet deadlines, prioritise workload and used to working in a fast pace environment
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we receive suitable applications, therefore, an early submission is encouraged. Due to a high volume of applications, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Westgate Healthcare is an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Rate: £45k - 55k per year
- Location: Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Human_Resources
- Recruiter: The Talent Hub
- Tel: 0208 953 7600
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: HO-HRBP-030223
- Posted: 2023-02-03 16:22:30 -
- View all Jobs from The Talent Hub
More Jobs from The Talent Hub
- Senior Care Assistant - Nights
- Senior Care Assistant
- Activities Coordinator
- Care Assistant Nights
- Care Assistant
- Care Assistant - DAYS
- Occupational Therapist - Care Home
- Registered Nurse Unit Manager
- Relief Chef
- Housekeeping Assistant
- Kitchen Assistant - Weekends Only
- Care Assistant Nights
- Cook (Care home)
- Care Assistant
- Night Care Assistant - Full Time
- Care Assistant - Part Time
- Senior Carer - Full Time
- Wellbeing and Activities Coordinator
- Customer Relations Manager - Care Homes