Digital Hardware Engineer
Insignis Talent are currently working with a market Defence company who specialise in the delivery of Firmware for a wide range of land, sea and air based defence related products.
Due to a period of growth within the Hardware Engineering function, they are seeking a Digital Hardware Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
The projects that you would be involved in will utilise the latest industry class development tools for FPGA and SoC hardware technologies.
In this position you will be given the opportunity to work on a number of different product areas, encompassing everything from product design and development through to larger scale platform integration and will be focussed around the core skills associated with a Digital Hardware / Firmware Engineering.
This will include:
- FPGA / VHDL hardware architecture
- Requirements specification
- Schematic capture
- Firmware (FPGA / VHDL) development, verification, integration, validation and design assurance activities.
Key Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Digital electronic design in hardware development language (VHDL)
- Implementation of complex designs
- DSP techniques
- Implementation of algorithms
- Simulation of designs
- Knowledge of RF processing techniques
- An excellent understanding of the fundamentals of High speed digital design
- A working knowledge of Signal Integrity Issues
- A working knowledge of Microprocessors, programmable devices, DSP, FPGA, memory
- Knowledge of PCB design constraints
- CAD tools:
- Mentor HDL Designer for VHDL entry
- Mentor Graphics ModelSim for Verification
- Xilinx Vivado / ISE
If you feel you are suitable and are interested in this vacancy, please do apply! We will aim to reach you within 2-working days.
If you have not heard back within 5-working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Location: Crawley, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: STR Group Limited
- Contact: Adam Rymell
- Tel: 02392 322 368
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-02-06 08:27:35 -
- View all Jobs from STR Group Limited
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Software Verification & Validation Engineer (SC Cleared)
- Civil Engineer - Trackside
- Quality Assurance Specialist (Validation)
- Civil Engineer - Essex
- Facilities Manager - Essex
- QA Specialist
- Systems Performance Engineer
- Senior Systems Engineer - MBSE
- SC Cleared Integration and Validation Lead (Contract)
- Community & Operations Manager
- Manufacturing Support Co-Ordinator
- Site Electrical Engineer
- Bids Administrator
- Recruitment Trainer
- Experienced Recruitment Consultant
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment Consultant
- Project Leader
- M&E Engineer
- EHS Manager
- Shift Engineer