Service Care Solutions are looking for a Data Engineer to work on a remote basis for a Government Entity.
You will manage the Government Entity's data estate, ensuring that data remains confidential, integral, available (CIA), and relevant to business requirements.
Monitoring all data flows and the use/re-use of data across the organisation to ensure that systems, business analytics and business intelligence are appropriately supported.
You will ensure databases remain secure, preventing unauthorised access, data exchange and data loss, and seek to improve all current system databases.
Resolving database issues before they impact the user/customer, identifying root causes, developing work arounds and fixes in priority order to ensure databases and applications remain operational, at N or N-1 states, and performant to SLAs/OLAs, implementing upgrades and patches to databases, coordinating change activity, engaging with users, and ensuring that upgrades are understood and appropriate.
You will document all databases, data interfaces and data flow diagrams, maintaining the accuracy of documentation to reflect changes and fixes, ensuring data quality is high.
This role will engage with users, supporting their needs and ensuring that a high-quality customer focused service is delivered.
Your day-to-day duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Deputising for the Lead Application Operations Engineer
- Supporting the Data Architect in designing and implementing a Data Strategy and data architectures to deliver business priorities and objectives
- Continuously monitoring databases and applications ensuring applications remain available, performant to SLAs/OLAs, and deliver a good user and customer experience
- Leading the delivery of database Incident Management (Corrective Maintenance), Problem - Management (Preventative Maintenance) and Change Management (Adaptive and Perfective Maintenance).
- Documenting all databases, data interfaces and data flow diagrams, maintaining the accuracy of documentation to reflect changes and fixes.
- Maintaining a secure configuration management database with an accurate record of database assets.
- A solid background in database administration, with a proven track record in both supporting and building SQL databases within a professional environment.
- Experience of leading database engineering teams
- Windows Clustering and other HADR technologies.
- A clear support focus with evidence of time spent performing Tier 2/3 support for SQL Databases.
- Experience working within ITIL framework delivering Incident/Problem/Change Management.
- Effective communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Database certification (e.g., MCSA, MCSE).
- Experience with Oracle & Ingres.
- Experience of working within a virtualised environment, including virtualised SQL servers using VMWare.
- Experience with ODS, Data Marts, Data Warehouses and Data Lakes.
- Experience with SSIS, SSAS.
- Familiarity with QlikView and PowerBI.
- Programming knowledge (PowerShell, Python, R, JSON, XML).
If you are interested in this role please contact Chris Wheeler on 01772208962 or email email@example.com.
Alternatively if you have any friends or colleagues that might be interested we have a £250 referral available for anyone referred that is successful securing a role.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 6 months
- Rate: £650 - £700 per day
- Location: Bootle, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: IT
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Chris Wheeler
- Tel: 01772 208962
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-02-07 12:23:51 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Property Lawyer
- Facilities Assistant
- Recovery Coordinator
- Recovery Practitioner
- Recovery Coordinator
- Night Support Worker
- Principle Property Lawyer
- Finance Business Partner
- 1151B - Probation Officer
- Finance Assistant
- 1150B - Probation Officer
- Substance Misuse Recovery Worker -
- Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist
- Clinical Psychologist
- Childcare Lawyer
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner (ANP)
- Area Housing Assistant
- Crisis & Home Treatment Team (RMN)
- Data Analyst