We are currently looking for a Bioinformatics Scientist to join a leading agricultural research company based in the Hertfordshire area.
As the Bioinformatics Scientist, you will be responsible for understanding the mechanisms of protein regulation within plants using bioinformatic techniques.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Bioinformatics Scientist will be varied however; the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- You will be analysing next-generation sequencing data from multi-omics data.
- You will be using your python/R/Bash experience to create workflows and bioinformatics pipelines; being responsible for a key aspect of the team's data analysis.
- You will use your statistical knowledge to assess the reliability of the data and draw conclusions from your findings appropriately.
- You will play a key part in the publishing of world-leading reviews and papers, giving you valuable experience as you develop your career within Bioinformatics.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Bioinformatics Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and history:
MSc/PhD in Bioinformatics/a subject where your research heavily relied on Bioinformatics
Preferably 1+ years of experience in an academic/industrial environment, post-graduation.
A working knowledge and practical experience with Python/R/Bash, NGS and experience with one the following in a Bioinformatics environment: genomics, proteomics, transcriptomics or epigenomics.
Key Words: bioinformatics, computational biology, python, R, Bash, NGS, protein translation, omics
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development.
We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position.
HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists.
We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
- Start: 09/02/2023
- Rate: £31350 - £32315 per annum
- Location: Hertfordshire,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Science
- Recruiter: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Elliott Howells
- Tel: 0203 910 2980
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: J5637480
- Posted: 2023-02-09 10:49:19 -
- View all Jobs from Hyper Recruitment Solutions
More Jobs from Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Accounts Receivable Collection Analyst
- Senior Scientist Biocatalysis / Immobilisation
- Lead Toxicologist
- GMP Production Team Leader
- Senior Protein Scientist
- Senior Scientist
- Marketing and Business Development Manager - Part Time
- Logistics Coordinator
- Senior Recruitment Consultant
- Senior Bioinformatician - Protein Engineering
- Director - Drug Product Development
- IT Service Desk Analyst
- Refrigeration Engineer
- Facilities Maintenance Technician
- Bioassay / Potency Assay Scientist (Analytical Development / CMC)
- Senior Core Labelling Strategy Manager
- Process Engineer
- Production Operator - Filling
- Process Engineer - Pharmaceutical