Safer Roads Officer
Service Care Solutions are looking for a Safer Roads Officer to work within the Lancashire Constabulary on a 12-month contract.
Location: Lancashire Police HQ
To deliver professional, efficient, and effective administrative support in relation to all aspects of non-recordable motoring offences, including officer issued and safety camera notices, reports for process, injury collision reporting and diversionary courses.
- To keep the SRU Managers updated, ensuring any changes in legislation, policy, and procedure, are communicated in a timely manner.
- To support the work of operational officers providing advice and guidance in the preparation of evidence to comply with national file standards and assist in the successful prosecution of offenders to ensure cases are dealt with in a timely, professional, and accurate manner.
- To work in a multifunctional team to deliver cost-effective criminal justice administrative processes, maintaining attention to detail whilst successfully managing demand and taking responsibility for associated deadlines.
Over time, there will be a requirement for staff to gain experience of a variety of functions within the SRU.
- To provide advice and guidance to colleagues, other agencies, members of the public and National Driver Offending Retraining Scheme (NDORS) trainers, regarding traffic offence reports, fixed penalties, camera enforcement notices, report for process and collisions matters and diversionary courses.
- To closely monitor adherence to procedural, legal, and home office requirements and service level agreements with officers and other agencies such as the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), Her Majesty's Court and Tribunal Service (HMCTS), the Coroner's Office and UKROEd and take prompt action to address non-compliance by the most appropriate method.
- To provide advice, support, and guidance to officers in relation to the submission, quality, content, and timeliness of SRU prosecution files, issuing constructive feedback, tasking and documenting additional enquiries where necessary.
- To respond to complaints and general enquiries, both internal and external, in a professional and timely manner.
- To contribute to the development of efficient processes and systems in respect to SRU and criminal justice procedures, taking opportunities to reduce the administrative burden whenever possible, particularly in respect of operational police officers.
- To ensure knowledge of NDORS is maintained to support the NDORS service.
- To positively engage and maintain effective working relationships with partner agencies, including the Department for Transport, Road Safety Support, CPS, HMCTS and the Coroner's Office.
- To deal with general enquiries from officers, other departments and divisions, members of the public, CPS, HMCTS, the Coroner's Office, UKROEd, NDORS trainers, other Police Forces, both in writing, email and via the telephone.
- To deal appropriately with telephone enquiries to both the SRU and NDORS public phone lines.
- Experience of working in an administrative role within a busy environment dealing with confidential information.
- Experience of producing accurate written information and demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience of inputting, updating, and maintaining computerised systems.
- Experience of assessing information, providing logical, informed solutions and taking appropriate action when necessary.
If you are interested in this role or want further discussion, please contact Lewis O'Donnell either via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01772208962.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 12-months
- Rate: Up to £10.40 per hour
- Location: City of Preston, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lewis O'Donnell
- Tel: 01772 555530
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-02-13 10:13:47 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Recovery Coordinator
- Recovery Practitioner
- Recovery Coordinator
- Night Support Worker
- Principle Property Lawyer
- Finance Business Partner
- 1151B - Probation Officer
- Finance Assistant
- 1150B - Probation Officer
- Substance Misuse Recovery Worker -
- Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist
- Clinical Psychologist
- Childcare Lawyer
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner (ANP)
- Area Housing Assistant
- Crisis & Home Treatment Team (RMN)
- Data Analyst
- Homeless Prevention Adviser
- Locum Support Worker