Embedded Software Engineer
Embedded Software Engineer
HRS is currently seeking to hire an Embedded Software Engineer to join the Product Development team of a specialist manufacturer of analytical instrumentation used in scientific research.
The company is approaching is 70th anniversary and is well known for its leading position, supplying private laboratories, universities & research institutions with advanced technologies needed to further their Scientific understanding.
This position will join a small but highly specialised team, working on a hybrid basis from Glasgow, and will be ideal for someone looking to move into product design.
Training & support can be provided, making this a fantastic entry point to a career within Firmware / Embedded software development in a highly technical space.
Working alongside an established product development team, this position will work across the full product design and support lifecycle of highly technical apparatus that supports the needs of the global scientific research community.
You will be responsible for the development of the embedded software & firmware needed to operate the products being developed, ensuring full functionality of all the core components and connectivity to external systems & displays.
Experience with:Embedded C, PIC Micro (18F) - MPLAB X, STM32 - CubeIDE, TouchIDE, Kicad, Stepper and DC motor control
An understanding of I2C, SPI, UART, USB (HID), FPGA tools and interfacing issues
Knowledge of schematic design, circuit design, PCB design to a basic level
Experience debugging embedded systems in an electronics lab environment, familiar with multi-meters, oscilloscopes, in-system debugging cables
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development.
We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position.
HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists.
We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
- Start: 16/02/2023
- Rate: Competitive
- Location: Glasgow,Scotland
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Electronics
- Recruiter: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Nathan Fairhurst
- Tel: 0203 910 2980
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: J5637509
- Posted: 2023-02-16 12:32:03 -
- View all Jobs from Hyper Recruitment Solutions
More Jobs from Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Scientific Buyer
- Analytical QC Scientist - CGT - *New Facility*
- Section Head Toxicology
- Accounts Receivable Collection Analyst
- Senior Scientist Biocatalysis / Immobilisation
- Lead Toxicologist
- GMP Production Team Leader
- Senior Protein Scientist
- Senior Scientist
- Marketing and Business Development Manager - Part Time
- Logistics Coordinator
- Senior Recruitment Consultant
- Senior Bioinformatician - Protein Engineering
- Director - Drug Product Development
- IT Service Desk Analyst
- Refrigeration Engineer
- Facilities Maintenance Technician
- Bioassay / Potency Assay Scientist (Analytical Development / CMC)
- Senior Core Labelling Strategy Manager
- Process Engineer